Odds of build with no allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your order will be 2023. They don't have any remaining allocations for 2022. If you left a deposit, I would get it back.

OP
OP
Hotrod-Realtor

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your order will be 2023. They don't have any remaining allocations for 2022. If you left a deposit, I would get it back.
Changing to a 2023 would work just fine for me. Luckily I don't have any deposit down. I asked my salesman if he needed a deposit. He said it wasn't required or needed.

I also talked to Mooresville Ford about buying one. They are charging ADM of 10K with no deposit needed. Sales guy there said they can order as many vehicles for individual customers as needed. They can't order vehicles for stock. So when someone like me comes in and says they want to order they are eager to take the order. Even if I don't end up buying the ordered vehicle, they now have stock.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing to a 2023 would work just fine for me. Luckily I don't have any deposit down. I asked my salesman if he needed a deposit. He said it wasn't required or needed.

I also talked to Mooresville Ford about buying one. They are charging ADM of 10K with no deposit needed. Sales guy there said they can order as many vehicles for individual customers as needed. They can't order vehicles for stock. So when someone like me comes in and says they want to order they are eager to take the order. Even if I don't end up buying the ordered vehicle, they now have stock.

You can order any vehicle you want with the exception of a Ford GT; whether or not it gets selected to be built due to allocation/regional average sales is what really matters.

They are glad to accept a vehicle for stock, if the vehicles ordered for retail but not purchased therefore becoming stock orders passes a certain percentage then that dealer(s) will be unable to order anything further pending a corporate review.

OP
OP
Hotrod-Realtor

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order any vehicle you want with the exception of a Ford GT; whether or not it gets selected to be built due to allocation/regional average sales is what really matters.

They are glad to accept a vehicle for stock, if the vehicles ordered for retail but not purchased therefore becoming stock orders passes a certain percentage then that dealer(s) will be unable to order anything further pending a corporate review.
Interesting. You seem to know quite a bit about the process. Are you a Ford employee or just know how the system works? I’m ignorant of the process.

Thanks for your replies.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. You seem to know quite a bit about the process. Are you a Ford employee or just know how the system works? I’m ignorant of the process.

Thanks for your replies.

I have a lot of friends in the automotive industry. I still have an allocated order that I have yet to receive any information and that was ordered 3-4 months ago.

I believe they are still working on November/December builds so if the current pace of production stays the same which is 6 months in the majority of cases the probability of a late March or early April order being produced is unlikely before MY22 cut off date. Currently F-150 XL/XLT, Explorer and Escape are the only models that are likely to be ordered and delivered before the cut off date.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update if anyone is following along.

I received a second email from Ford. They said my truck is scheduled for a build date of June 20th.
Wow congrats. I ordered Dec with an allocation and still have nothing. You got one with no allocation. F me I guess

OP
OP
Hotrod-Realtor

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like your guy has some power
As many horror stories as a person hears when dealing with a dealership, it's nice to have a relationship with a good sales guy like I have.

The dealership sells a ton of new vehicles so it shouldn't surprise me that they were able to make it happen. The guy that does all the ordering said he would pull some strings for a local customer, me, rather than an out of state buyer. And.... no ADM which would have been a deal killer.