GEN 2 Oddly Hazy Fender Flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wac45

Reaction score
Unfortunate that you couldn't get it back to a condition you were comfortable with. However with the repaint it will be like new so in the long run you will probably be happier.

OP
OP
Traffic22

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate that you couldn't get it back to a condition you were comfortable with. However with the repaint it will be like new so in the long run you will probably be happier.
For sure. It still had flat spots, and when I started working them with the alcohol (undiluted), it actually started to look worse. Got some fairly aggressive rubbing compound and went slow, but still burned a spot in it. (Paint is pretty thin on the flare)

I strongly suspect it got messed up during a prior detail. (Probably at the dealership I bought it from.)

The good news about all this is the body shop confirmed 0 evidence of collision damage, and all the pins and clips were OEM and looked as though they had never been removed.

Even more amazing, the body guy did a great job removing the flare. He did such a good job the pins looked brand new and not crushed or pinched. Good for when the reinstall happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Traffic22

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got it back from the body shop this morning. Could not be happier. The paint match is spot on perfect.

Pictures suck, because it is overcast today, but body shop friend held the repainted flare next to the factory flares and shined an inspection light for me...it came out perfect.

Took a little effort to get there....
d896904d4c2097e28d279c1f867084cd.jpg

93f06928c0adfe97bfdc655b68c4a41b.jpg

a6c25ecfb875189062f50f41120a77a3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk