GEN 2 Oddly Hazy Fender Flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While cleaning the truck this weekend, I noticed one of my fender flares looks odd. It almost looks like the paint is been stripped, or it has some sort of odd haze to it.

The right rear looks strange. Other 3 are perfect.

Once I noticed the issue, I cleaned it using regularly dish soap to strip any chemicals away. It didn’t look much better, so I used a really mild paint cleaner (rubbing compound) to see if maybe it had wax or in my case, ceramic coat haze.

After thoroughly cleaning it, I re-waxed, but it still looks off compared to the other 3.

Any advice is appreciated.

289fe635cd3ba0befe071487e2a0722f.jpg
Good rear

ce5b3cac863f35d3d3b6de65ffc06c85.jpg
Weird hazy rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use trim shine on mine and it brings them to new looking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It could have been touchup work from damage done at the factory, or at the dealer prior to sale. Neither would have been disclosed to you, nor is it required to be.

OP
OP
Traffic22

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could have been touchup work from damage done at the factory, or at the dealer prior to sale. Neither would have been disclosed to you, nor is it required to be.
I was actually thinking about that. I bought the truck used, and really never noticed it before. I pulled some old photos from when I bought the truck, and it has looked that way since I bought it.

Says something about my observation skills clearly, as I never really notice it before. 10 moths of ownership now.

Truck had clean car fax, and I gave it a very thorough colonoscopy prior to buying it. (And I’ve been in, under and around it quite a bit since I’ve owned it.) I’m 100% certain it has not been in a collision, but I’m starting to wonder if that flare was scuffed and resprayed, or scratched and buffed with something aggressive.

....thank you @Raptized

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wac45

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the same but I had a similar problem. I bought my truck new and took it to have the wheel wells LineX. When Ingot it home I noticed scuffing and haziness on rear drivers side flare. Tried waxing it but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I took it back and the manager set up an appointment at a body shop who said it needed to be repainted. LineX manager didn't believe it and got denatured alcohol and after some scrubbing it looked like new. I put some wax on it and now 7 months later it still looks like new. Couldn't figure out what caused it, thought it may have been from adhesive when they taped off around the wheel well but don't know.

My original post did not attach my text to the pictures I posted. Operator error.