GEN 1 Oddity or odd *****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep eye on it . It may be engine oil cooler where your oil filter screws on . Mine leaked oil into coolant on 2010 raptor as well as my 02 lightning . Coolant color doesn't matter if you did a good flush with distilled water. I run Subaru Blue super coolant in my 2010 Rap . G04 in Whipple heat exchanger .

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep eye on it . It may be engine oil cooler where your oil filter screws on . Mine leaked oil into coolant on 2010 raptor as well as my 02 lightning . Coolant color doesn't matter if you did a good flush with distilled water. I run Subaru Blue super coolant in my 2010 Rap . G04 in Whipple heat exchanger .
Ya I just flushed her out and refilled with new MC yellow, we shall see

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much of anything....some little specks of gray but not much at all, I am still confused, this was the first flush since the truck was born so maybe is was some casting matter....

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found sticky brown goop on my radiator cap as well and it was also in the overflow res so I flushed everything as well as I could (took 6 hours to get it to look decent) and refilled with mc gold since that's what's still recommended on the 2010 6.2 and there are still some particles that are in there but not nearly as bad. I had never had overheating issues and I still don't but it's cool in my area so hopefully everything is alright. My best guess after changing oil (and finding no evidence of water) and coolant (finding only goopy brown paticles) is that at some point either incompatible coolants were mixed together or hard tap water was added during a refill and the coolant reacted poorly with it. I'm not 100% sure on the yellow coolant but I have found from my research that mc gold is not compatible with generic antifreeze and can create sludge with certain minerals in tap water. Just my .02.

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So after all my shenanigans I went under the truck and noticed oil and crap coming from the intake line on my oil cooler....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after all my shenanigans I went under the truck and noticed oil and crap coming from the intake line on my oil cooler....
i replaced mine a few months ago. wasnt too bad, but it does leave a mess. i had to replace it because the cooler was cracked and was leaking coolant. a very fine mist when it got hot

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced mine a few months ago. wasnt too bad, but it does leave a mess. i had to replace it because the cooler was cracked and was leaking coolant. a very fine mist when it got hot
Due to mine leaking oil and nothing in the oil itself yet finding oil in my rad leads me to believe this is the issue... also when I did flush the cooling system I got some casting bits in it also... that’s what initially lead me to think water pump.... which did have a lot of slop in the bearing so whatever... I’ll just keep replacing shit till the motor is brand new