GEN 1 Oddity or odd *****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing under oil cap, nothing in overflow tank all clean.....This is what is stumping me.... Corona...timmy hortons far better than starbucks. I think she needs another look other than what I have. Ricoman, I hope you are wrong, but I always prep for the worst.

The lack of Contamination in other areas leads me to believe this is either the Rad itself with the P/S cooler lines in it or the waterpump itself.....yet no higher temps.......
Is the cap magnetic? Bet that has been there forever. I only like the French Vanilla from Timmies, I feel like a jennie when I go thru the Starbucks drive thru for my Pike roast, lol.

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just replaced my cap about 9.5 months ago, the old one started leaking.....it is an autozone cap, maybe to cap rated higher than cooling system psi? Also no white smoke or sweet smell from exhaust. I might just flush the damn system again and see what happens

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the coolant fluid with right color for your year.
I posted the coolant chart from Ford somewhere on the forum.

Also I've seen issues with using auto part store or aftermarket brands that say it's compatible with types of fluid.
But there not.

I only use Motorcraft and there is a change it color too.

https://www.motorcraft.com/content/...erence_charts/antifreeze_coolants_english.pdf
Oddly enough like I said I did the flush 9ish months ago....was going to grab some Motorcraft Orange, go to my dealer give them my vin, expecting orange......well they switched it to yellow, thats what I have in her now. Just called ford again to confirm it wasn;t my idiot dealership again they confirmed yellow!

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your chart does confim Y/O....orange came out yellow went in.....not sure if this would have something to do with it or not....I did just verifiy the cap I have rated to 20 psi, just like oem....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir