Odd noise when turning right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got this odd noise only when turning right and just starting out, like at a stop sign....sounds like a heat shield or something like that, or dust shield hope it isn't an IWE issue...anywho, I am stumped, any thoughts appreciated!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My two thoughts are exactly what you said. Dust shield (done this myself) or IWE issue. Dust shield is easy to bend when doing shocks or maybe brakes. It's also super easy to bend back without disassembling anything - so I'd get in there and look or bend it out.
Conversely, if that isn't it and it's easy to reproduce your noise, disconnect (and temporarily plug) your IWE line on the right side. This will fully engage your IWE. See if you still get the noise or not. If it does, you have an IWE or vacuum line issue.

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I just adjusted my dust shield drove her around for about 10 miles noise returned pulling into my house.... Thank you Dane! Appreciate the intel

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya I just adjusted my dust shield drove her around for about 10 miles noise returned pulling into my house.... Thank you Dane! Appreciate the intel
Well damn. Dust shield is the easy one.
Another possibility, if you've changed brake pads recently you can put them in wrong and you can make contact with the wheel or wheel weights. I suppose a wheel bearing is another possibility, though at this point I'd bet on IWE/vacuum line issue. The vacuum line isn't bad to replace, not spendy either. IWE isn't much fun though.

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I have been reading all about the IWE system today, solenoid, oneway check valve, lines in general etc etc...that being said with the lines themselves I see that Forged Offroad makes a 100% silicone version of the traditional vinyl/rubber lines is the $150 price tag worth the price of admission or just go OEM?

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DID YOU INSTALL FLAPS?MY 17 HITS SCREWS FOR FLAPS WHEN I BACK OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY TO THE RIGHT.

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
negative on flaps it's definitely front PAX side, sometimes now even straight line under load:mad:

OP
OP
EmbDriver

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just ordered new fomoco IWE lines, new solenoid, and check valve....thinks that's a good start

blsstrongarm

Reaction score
Check the rear dust shield too squeaking drove me nuts on mine for over a week before I figured it out. must have bent it a little doing brakes doesn't seem like the back would flex that much when turning but it does

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Ya I have been reading all about the IWE system today, solenoid, oneway check valve, lines in general etc etc...that being said with the lines themselves I see that Forged Offroad makes a 100% silicone version of the traditional vinyl/rubber lines is the $150 price tag worth the price of admission or just go OEM?

--

The Forged Offroad silicon lines are truly plug and play and while it costs more than OEM its an upgrade that will last far longer than OEM lines. Several people use them without complaint :)

--