Odd noise coming from engine after trucks warmed up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Eldredge

Reaction score
Hey all!!
I will try and keep this post short and sweet. So I started up the Raptor yesterday and sometimes I do have the cold start rattle. I let the truck warm up while just looking over the engine and filling up washer fluid. After the truck idled for about 20 min I noticed a odd noise coming from the engine bay. The best way I can describe the noise is a intermittent hiss or air leak!! It's not constant but about every 3 seconds you can hear it.

I checked hoses for leaks and cannot really pin point where it's coming from. It's louder on the drivers side front of the engine bay. But again not really sure. I don't like taking the truck to the dealer if I don't have to. I know there is quite a few Raptor owners in Arvada CO. If 1 of the members close can meet me somewhere or let me come check out your truck? I don't think it's supposed to make this noise but I maybe just over thinking it!!

I will try and post a good video of it if it happens again so other members can check it out and let me know!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tim Eldredge

Tim Eldredge

Reaction score
Hey all!!
Sorry it took so long busy busy and didn't have a lot of time to get a video.
But here it is!! LMK what you think! I had to trim the video down to 10 sec to upload it. Almost sounds like a pulley or belt....If you watch closely you can also see the BOV hose moving!

OP
OP
Tim Eldredge

Tim Eldredge

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize the video did not load yesterday. I tried multiple times and still will not load. I will try and edit it some more and let you guys know.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize the video did not load yesterday. I tried multiple times and still will not load. I will try and edit it some more and let you guys know.
I think you have to upload to YouTube or another site first, can’t just copy and paste you’re own from a phone.

Reaction score
any idea on this? I've noticed the same sound on mine. I can't pinpoint an air leak for the life of me even though thats what it sounds like. It seems like its coming from the alternator, but there's so much IC piping over that area the sound reflects all over the place. I keep thinking its a stick or something in the alt lol. I get that sound after the truck sits at idle for a couple minutes, but not until about a minute of running it gets louder.