October orders, there is hope.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more week gone by - early order placed 10/7 confirmed 10/15, VINed 11/12, blend 03/17, at Dearborn Truck Plant Rail Yard for 83 days, ship dates 03/27, 04/27, 05/27 now 06/27. Dealer, "zone rep", Ford Marketing Program Headquarters, Ford Performance all have have "no idea" IF let alone WHEN the truck will ship and have NO explanation for why the truck has been sitting in an "off site lot" for 3 months.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got an answer from Ford - I ordered the optional "Bedliner – Tough Bed Spray-In" and it is not available so Ford is apparently storing any vehicles with that option in "off site storage" waiting for it to become available. I'm going to try and have my dealer change the order and cancel the bed liner so they can ship the truck.

OP
OP
DaveInMn

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got an answer from Ford - I ordered the optional "Bedliner – Tough Bed Spray-In" and it is not available so Ford is apparently storing any vehicles with that option in "off site storage" waiting for it to become available. I'm going to try and have my dealer change the order and cancel the bed liner so they can ship the truck.
Good luck getting the change done. However, I've think I remember reading somewhere (on FRF??) that you can't make changes once you get scheduled. For ur sake, I hope I'm wrong.....

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told to not order that when I ordered, but still didn’t matter, not getting mine :(. I would wager $ that is not the reason for the hold because they want vehicles delivered, off their storage property, which is full because of chip holds

OP
OP
DaveInMn

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered 10/22. Just heard from FP that I (finally) got scheduled for the week of 7/11. Was 7-1/2 months from order date to scheduling date.
After waiting for so long, all of a sudden some (crazy?) good progress:

Just found out yesterday that my Raptor has already been put in "Production" as of 6/14 (instead of the original date I was given by FP of 7/11). I received the vin and am also am able to now successfully query the progress. And have the window sticker with a Blend Date of 6/23.

I'm just hoping that during (or after) production, it doesn't end up in the never, never land others have experienced....

teegray1124

Reaction score
Who did you contact at ford? I've been built since April 24th.

gabeherndon

Reaction score
I must be in the same exact boat. My situations sounds super similar to yours. How did you finally find out it was the bed liner? I was able to speak with my dealer owner, and Ford rep with no answers.

simarddominic

Reaction score
One more week gone by - early order placed 10/7 confirmed 10/15, VINed 11/12, blend 03/17, at Dearborn Truck Plant Rail Yard for 83 days, ship dates 03/27, 04/27, 05/27 now 06/27. Dealer, "zone rep", Ford Marketing Program Headquarters, Ford Performance all have have "no idea" IF let alone WHEN the truck will ship and have NO explanation for why the truck has been sitting in an "off site lot" for 3 months.
Exactly the same thing as you for my october order. Sitting for 3 month at 1 hour’s drive of my dealer in a off site lot and no one at Ford can give a answer why.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Been lurking on the forums for a while reading all the posts, getting more and more depressed with every post. Hence my forum name :*)

Ordered 10/15/22.
Nothing for 8 months.
Today, 06/20/22 I get a random text message from an unknown number with a VIN. No e-mail. No call from my dealer rep.
Double checked w/ FP and it is in fact scheduled for production week of 07/18/22.
I guess I can say I'm excited that I at least have a VIN...not so much after reading all the chip hold posts here.

Wish you guys the best of luck with your builds, as it seems luck is the only thing that will get yours built before others.

Will update as progress happens. Cheers.