October Order saga concluded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer just called - the truck arrived and will be ready when dealer prep is done. The dates for this order are: early order placed 10/7, confirmed 10/15, VIN assigned 11/12 (NFA00686), blend date 03/17, in production 03/20, built 06/17, shipped 06/21, arrived 07/12. It took Ford almost 10 months from order to arrival - 152 days to start the build, 91 days to finish the build, 4 days start shipment, and 22 days to arrive at the dealer. Various Ford sources gave all sorts of excuses except for the real reason (I suspect) - chip shortage. I sold my 35K mile 802a 2019 Raptor back to the dealer in May 2021 for 1k shy of the price I originally paid them and have been without a ride since. I will be good to be back in the saddle again.

Adrenlin

Reaction score
Congratulations on finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Mine was originally ordered last July as a 21, reordered in October as a 22 since it wasn't going to be built even though the dealership had a valid allocation. The 22 was supposedly given a priority since I had originally placed an order for a 21 that wasn't built. It was finally delivered in mid-May.

The upside is that since they split the awful blue interior from the 37PP for 22, I was able to reorder what I really wanted. A 37PP with a black interior. A long wait, but worth it.

Ford still needs to streamline their ordering process. If this is the model they're pushing, they've got a lot of work to do.

Last edited: