GEN 1 OCD vs Deaver leaf pack install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
So I hired the best goons I could find in So FL to “help” with the springs. So I took them to a 4X4 shop after I power lifted them onto the bed of the beast. I painstakingly researched, interviewed, outlined what I wanted and even provided printed paperwork with steps and torque settings etc. And still I had to correct a few mistakes!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MEIRONMAN207

MEIRONMAN207

Reaction score
They managed to install the new shackles backwards. Then I noticed that the leaf pack were installed with an impact vs the way I asked them to hand tight fit first and then in a two step torque cross sequence was needed to set and avoid un even install!

OP
OP
MEIRONMAN207

MEIRONMAN207

Reaction score
Had them reversed…and by then it was really late and I didn’t want to waste another day and I corrected the ubolts install at home the next day in a monsoon storm even!6D2442DB-9075-48A4-95E5-3E289A596EDE.jpeg

OP
OP
MEIRONMAN207

MEIRONMAN207

Reaction score
This is why I do all my own work...lol
Nobody is going to care more than you, so dont expect a shop dude to think about it like you would.
I try to do the work myself, or at least I have...This time I factored time, and lack of extra help at the moment, and that I had to get an alignment also. So, I didn't really save time, and the alignment is off a little still-scheduled a re-check at their other shop that has a newer and better machine for Saturday (I spoke to the owner and will make sure that I am satisfied and will make it right)...

PS; ¿Plus how could they screw up a simple swap of leaf springs, they are in fact a custom 4X4 shop that does truck lifted Bro-trucks and mall-crawlers everyday, right?

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I had my deavers installed by a local Custom Truck shop that specializes in lifts, etc., they installed my RPG strike pads backwards, so had to have them reposition the strike pads for the air bumps the next day.
Sorry nothing better to tell you.