Oboard Air - CO2 tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the whole set up from PT and I loved it. Their stuff is top quality. You have to be careful with the valves on the tank. My friend got one of those knock off from Ebay and after the second fill up of the tank it won't hold the pressure and leaks. I had my PT for 3 years now and no problem.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a PowerTank and after a few years (5 maybe?) it needs to be inspected and the welding shop I use wouldn't fill it and didn't have time to do an inspection right then. Eventually, it will need hydrotested as well. I started just swapping tanks there and now I don't have to worry about tank inspections or quality or anything, just drop off and grab a full tank. Literally the only downside is it is silver instead of black. I don't see a reason to buy one.

That said, I HIGHLY recommend one of the PowerTank inflators. I went through a bunch of cheap ones from Amazon and the high pressure just blew out the gauge. I've used a PowerTank one for a couple years now with no issues.

I'm 99% sure I have a 10lb tank you can have if you want to pick it up. I can't be bothered to ship it. You would still need regulator, hose, and inflator though.

EDIT: I just google'd and every 5 years the CO2 tank has to be hydrotested. It just isn't worth messing with when you can find a place that'll swap tanks.

OP
OP
ocbcwc

ocbcwc

Reaction score
I had a PowerTank and after a few years (5 maybe?) it needs to be inspected and the welding shop I use wouldn't fill it and didn't have time to do an inspection right then. Eventually, it will need hydrotested as well. I started just swapping tanks there and now I don't have to worry about tank inspections or quality or anything, just drop off and grab a full tank. Literally the only downside is it is silver instead of black. I don't see a reason to buy one.

That said, I HIGHLY recommend one of the PowerTank inflators. I went through a bunch of cheap ones from Amazon and the high pressure just blew out the gauge. I've used a PowerTank one for a couple years now with no issues.

I'm 99% sure I have a 10lb tank you can have if you want to pick it up. I can't be bothered to ship it. You would still need regulator, hose, and inflator though.

EDIT: I just google'd and every 5 years the CO2 tank has to be hydrotested. It just isn't worth messing with when you can find a place that'll swap tanks.
You ever come North towards Orange County at all? I may be willing to drive down to pick up that tank if you have it. Let me look up testing.

Hydrotesting I am accustomed to as you have to do the same for paintball air tanks. To me, not that big of a deal.

Thank you!