GEN 2 OBDLink MX and similar code reader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone using one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

or something like it?

this one and several others can interface with a bunch of apps to read some of the sensor data. I already have Forscan and a win doze tablet, but wanted to have one that could display some useful real time data like IAT, etc.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have this one. It works fine on everything I've tried it on from 2010 to 2019 Fords. Has the switch for both HS and MS CAN bus access.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/

Wireless is OK for using it as a gauge/datalogging setup, but I'd only do programming changes with the wired option.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
I have the MX+.
I've been using since April when I got my Truck.
Overall I'm a fan. It reads all modules and codes and it's damn simple to use. Only pairs with one Bluetooth device at a time, so if you do work on a laptop then want to use Torque or something you have to repair the device.
the ONLY problem is that when I have it plugged in I occasionally get weird vehicle errors.
they are not predictable nor are they repeatable. However, every time I remove the device, said errors go away.
I don't know if that is a Raptor sensitivity thing or and MX+ thing but I can say in the same time period i've used the MX+ on my Infiniti with NO problems.

OreR

Reaction score
I have the MX+.
I've been using since April when I got my Truck.
Overall I'm a fan. It reads all modules and codes and it's damn simple to use. Only pairs with one Bluetooth device at a time, so if you do work on a laptop then want to use Torque or something you have to repair the device.
the ONLY problem is that when I have it plugged in I occasionally get weird vehicle errors.
they are not predictable nor are they repeatable. However, every time I remove the device, said errors go away.
I don't know if that is a Raptor sensitivity thing or and MX+ thing but I can say in the same time period i've used the MX+ on my Infiniti with NO problems.
Hey.
So...are you able to show me or send images on how you do it . Because I have the same (Obdlink MX+) and I don't really understand how to program it. I have a 2017 Raptor.
Thanks

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this one, just got it for my birthday:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00652G4TS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android

It has it's own APP and works well with a bunch of options to display.

I used a Scangauge 2 on my other vehicles, but this far outshines the scangauge.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Hey.
So...are you able to show me or send images on how you do it . Because I have the same (Obdlink MX+) and I don't really understand how to program it. I have a 2017 Raptor.
Thanks
I'm happy to try and help, but I need a little more info.
Are you asking for Forscan help? or are you asking for OBDLink MX+ help?
Or just a generic "WTH?" kind of help?

OreR

Reaction score
Well. Both. I have all the spreadsheets info related to Ford Raptor. So I'm learning . But I don't understand the videos related to Forscan because doesn't look similar to the ones I get from the car using Obdlink Mx+.