Nurses Die in Horrible 4x4 Accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Most of the people on the Forum love to play in the dirt with their Raptor along with rolling thruuuu the Bucks drive through…
We often forget, how dangerous and unforgiving Nature and our hobby can be.
We love the Million Dollar Highway and everything in and around her. The breathtaking scenery around every corner and endless Off-Roading opportunities is unmatched.
We were on Camp Bird Rd 2yrs ago. I can see why the tour company uses this as one of their Jeep Tours.
The incredible beauty surrounding you can be disarming, allowing your mind to wander. Been there done that and have come close to tragedy myself. It seems like every Trail here is above 8k, has a soft shoulder and 1k+foot drop off.
Before I read the article, I automatically thought it was Black Bear, but I don’t believe any of the tours use Black Bear. 5B0FF950-FA59-4147-A6C1-C95FB3173017.png12942A8C-49DF-45B1-8C06-E84E855C2600.png
Complacency and Familiarity can have terrible consequences as many of us know, having learned through the School of Hard Knocks..

Raise a Glass in honor of these three beautiful people, taken to soon, doing what we love to do…

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Extremely sad story! There are a lot of really dangerous offroad trails in Colorado that really take the right type of vehicle and the knowledge to handle it. People have to be smart with what they are driving and know how to drive what they have. We've had people (tourist) killed on the Pike's Peak Highway which is like a drive to the mall compared to some of the offroad trails in Colorado. I'm sure the driver was most likely experienced, but it just goes to show you that it's serious business on the trails and just a shame to see this story and the loss of life.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
very sad indeed.. i wonder if the long wheelbase of the gladiator was a factor..

i did imogene pass in 2020, in a supercab raptor and some spots it seemed a bit long for the switchbacks, but the popsicle stick bridges were my biggest pucker..

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
very sad indeed.. i wonder if the long wheelbase of the gladiator was a factor..

i did imogene pass in 2020, in a supercab raptor and some spots it seemed a bit long for the switchbacks, but the popsicle stick bridges were my biggest pucker..
We were just up there. Nothing that treacherous, but then again, all the Trails up there Require your complete and undivided attention :(