Numerous Faults upon Startup Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do have a dealer visit next week to have my dealer repainted so I will see if it happens again before then but will definitely mention it to them in detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck is throwing throttle codes, then remove the pedal device. Both PC and PM work on the same principle so I wouldn't be surprised if they both stuff from the same issue. Can you pull obd2 codes? Maybe there is a pending code. (Not sure if Forescan does this by default).

Good suggestion on checking the wiring harness, I would imagine that if there were melted wires, it would stay in the disabled condition and won't clear after a restart, but definitely worth a look.

What is kind of weird is that the faults were not powertrain faults (the ones you got in cabin) yet your truck went into limp mode.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the truck is throwing throttle codes, then remove the pedal device. Both PC and PM work on the same principle so I wouldn't be surprised if they both stuff from the same issue. Can you pull obd2 codes? Maybe there is a pending code. (Not sure if Forescan does this by default).

Good suggestion on checking the wiring harness, I would imagine that if there were melted wires, it would stay in the disabled condition and won't clear after a restart, but definitely worth a look.

What is kind of weird is that the faults were not powertrain faults (the ones you got in cabin) yet your truck went into limp mode.

I did get the Powertrain Fault from Ford Pass via cell notification.

Unfortunately just left on a trip so can't trouble shoot anything myself until tomorrow PM. Hoping I never see it again.

Is there a way to force it out of 'limp mode'. Man it would be suck to be away from home and restricted to 2mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The limp mode is engaged when the ecu thinks there may be a condition where driving the truck is dangerous or to protect damage to the engine. In this case, maybe it detected a fault in the throttle input and limits the throttle signal to a very small % to prevent uncontrolled acceleration. As far as I know, the only way to get it out of this mode is to clear the fault. In your case, maybe just a short drive plus a restart was enough. You might try pulling the negative terminal on battery for a few mins and see if that causes the truck to do a full retest of the sensors.

Good luck man, bring a laptop with Forescan with you in case you need to pull the code. Video is also a good idea if you see this again, so you can show the dealer.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else seen anything similar? Just a one time deal maybe?
I already said I have seen the *exact same* problem, and Ford removed the pedalmax and Boostmax. I called JMS and they said they too have seen it *multiple times* and they are working on it.

Suggest you remove the pedalmax before you take it in just in case your dealer are the type to void your warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already said I have seen the *exact same* problem, and Ford removed the pedalmax and Boostmax. I called JMS and they said they too have seen it *multiple times* and they are working on it.

Suggest you remove the pedalmax before you take it in just in case your dealer are the type to void your warranty.

You need to read what he posted. He does not have a pedal max, he has a pedal commander.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to read what he posted. He does not have a pedal max, he has a pedal commander.
Oh damn. Well I could only imagine they don't same thing right? They both hook to the throttle. I would call them up and ask if that's happened to anyone else.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth I have driven it since with ZERO issues.... Should I mention this to the dealer when I take it in this week for the hood to be repainted or think I am better off just waiting to see if it happens again? Hate for them to mess anything up in the process...

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely mention it. It's not like the radio acted up.. your truck went into limp mode, which on the freeway, as other have said, could be a major safety issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk