Now that a few months have passed - 35 truck with 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FRF - now that a few months have passed since the Gen3s have hit the market I was hoping to hear thoughts from those that went from 35s to 37s on a 35 truck. The last thread I can find addressing it is a couple months old and I was wondering if anyone has any updates as this is something I'm considering doing in the long run as well. Mainly looking to hear what people have felt doing some moderate off roading, but street behavior feedback is also welcomed. I'm curious to hear the comparison of people who did it with the RPG collars and those who didn't.

Lastly: Did you feel the change was worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have instagram? If so, check out Expedition X Offroad. They also have a Youtube Channel.

They're a company that sells Baja runs. They ran Gladiator tires 37/13.5 on Icon Rebound Pros +6mm offset and have had no rubbing to speak of on a truck that had stock 35s.

I know their one complaint that I've seen about the truck is the stock rear coils are incredibly soft which result in some sagging in the rear with their normal gear setup. I think for their most recent Cabo run, they carried limited tools and only 1 spare due to the sagging.

4x4ready

Reaction score
Have 3k miles 37's installed on my 35" gen3. No hit in power or MPG that I can notice (probably since 37's are technically lighter now then the stock 35's by 1lbs approx). Better ride quality with the camper with the the extra sidewall.

No issues with spare 37 under the bed either. Run a GoFastCamper and work out of it full time loaded. Drives outstanding.

Here's my thread when I installed them back in Oct 21'

Last edited: