Now Selling STS TURBO systems for the RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lexmotorsports goodguy

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's a good number does it come in at under 6k?
there is a option not to far from that number.

Oh man! I have always liked the STS style of turbo. Wanted to put one on my 4runner way back in the day when they first started coming out with them.

I am 100% with the guys about protecting this remote location style turbo. Any idea of how well thing thing will handle the jumps/shock of high speed offroading? Also, I would like to know what a kit like this would cost so please send me a PM
They make a great product, I have worked with them for a few years now, doing some other vehicles, they just got this dialed in, and told me it has alot of potential, especially if someone wants to upgrade some internals.

this system uses factory hangers, basically replaces the muffler, so with that said, a weld would have to not be done correct and break, or a factory hanger would have to fall off for it to be a issue. IMO.

I do think that a skid plate upgrade will be very necessary for the guys who will be using this and pushing the truck in the dirt.

Secrets don't make friends.
I can send you a secret message if you want.

I feel like the shock of landing would cause it to sag and eventually fall off. Where is the intake on this? Looks like its moved from the stock location..

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Also what will be included in the kit?

KIT

full bolt on kit comes with Raptor specific ceramic coated pipes, remote mount turbo, intercooler, proprietary oiling system, Turbo smart waste gate and blow off valve, wiring harness, all the vehicle specific lines and fittings, optional tuning package and a full step by step instruction manual.

optional upgrades
Turbo Dual Stage Boost controller
Turbo Water Methanol Injection system
Turbo Turbine Jackets
Turbocharger ball bearing upgrade
Turbocharger Compressor wheel upgrade
Turbo Wide band/boost Gauge set

Looks like its getting air from the rear wheel well and who knows they may have it where you cut through to the bed and get clearer air.

Correct, intake is routed into the bed, the cleanest air possible, and easy location to access filter for cleaning.

I am also interested in the price.. PM please. I do have a slight concern about how dirty the surrounding air is in that location esp while in the desert wheel'n around.

clean before, clean after playing to be safe.

That's what I was thinking..looks like more of a street queens truck

possibly, but sure will add a fun factor, no matter what you use your Raptor for.

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had my cat back fall off twice while off roading so thats a huge concern for me.....i know this sounds crazy but but what if you routed all the piping and the entire kit itself into the bed of the truck????

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is that a really weird setup? I have had multiple diesel pickups before, and every other turbo setup I have seen has been in the engine compartment. Having the tubing running under the frame and then using the bed as a fresh air draw is just a strange concept to me.

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooler air, not sitting in an engine bay full of heat....sounds like a Boeing 747, much easier to install and a lot cheaper....what's not to love. I've heard rumors that rear mounts have more lag and what not...I've been for a ride in an old Camaro with a rear mount. I didn't notice any more lag then normal. I think that all comes down to turbo size, exhaust A/Rs and intake sizing on the piping and what not.

And when I said why not mount it in the bed of the truck was more for protection cuz I wouldn't want to rip it off when bottoming out real hard. In theory it could work! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk