Now I want to drive my truck just to listen to the audio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 had the sound system installed a few years back using all top of the line JL speakers and amps, a JL Stealth box with 13.5" sub and Kicker Front Row sound processor. They did not use a proper interface between the head unit and FR (wiring disaster with crimp connectors which was poorly done) and the sub box was never mounted. Alerts for messages and ringing phone were loud enough to scare the $hit out of you! For the amount of money the previous owner spent, the system sounded crappy and also had a bad humm when it got hot. Goes to show you that a poor install hack can make even the best components sound $hitty.
Found a great shop in Conway AR. (Audio Innovations) to fix all the shoddy work. Wiring from the head unit to the FR was removed and replaced with a PAC AmPRO interface, Sony amp bypassed and the Kicker was found to be faulty causing the humm so it was also removed. Proper wiring was used from the interface to the amps and the sub was actually bolted to the floor using hard to find correct brackets.
It now sounds AWESOME and I'm looking for errands to run so I can listen to it. Bad move since the truck only has 28,000 miles on it!

Last edited: