Noticing a slight transmission whine now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Revisiting this since a few months have passed. The whine has recently gotten louder, and I hear it on most days. Now I'll hear it even after the drivetrain has warmed up...and during all driving conditions. occasionally I'll hear it going down the highway while driving up a hill.
its been sometime since your last post. Did you do anything with the whine noise?
mine started about 2k miles ago and it’s getting noticeably louder and Annoying.
it’s due for an oil change so I’m going to ask about it then.
hope it’s a known issue with an easy fix.

i get that there will be some noise, but I shouldn’t be able to 1)hear it in the cab 2) now with the Music on.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its still the same. Super loud when the truck has been sitting; then it tames a little after I've driven...although it never goes away entirely. I even hear it on the highway when the engine is under load such as going up hill.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting development. I've recently had both turbos replaced, due to failure, along with cam phasers and water pump...and so far I have not been hearing the whining sound since those repairs. I'm still putting clues together but my thoughts at the moment are that I was hearing a turbo gone bad.