Not Raptor - Dealer Cracked Head in JK During Routine Repair - Any Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea....Like Jeep is gonna let anyone (consumer Joe) come in there and start commanding to look at cylinder walls and want leak down tests and this that and the other. I have two Chrysler’s, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Ram 2500. The Jeep when under warranty was the absolute biggest nightmare. I hate how they (Chrysler dealerships) operate. I can’t wait to sell the Jeep.

By "Consumer Joe" I think what you really mean is the owner of the vehicle. It is in no way unreasonable to ask to see the engine when the head comes off. Maybe you had a bad experience at your dealership because you don't know how to talk to people. :shrug:

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
Ah dang Truckzor you have me pegged! How did you become so good at that? You’re absolutely right, Maybe I don’t know how to talk to people. Are you in the same boat? You were a **** to your dealer too and they refused to let you inspect your cylinder walls and run compression tests and such? It’s tough being a **** isn’t it...glad I’m not the only one. Lol

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah dang Truckzor you have me pegged! How did you become so good at that? You’re absolutely right, Maybe I don’t know how to talk to people. Are you in the same boat? You were a **** to your dealer too and they refused to let you inspect your cylinder walls and run compression tests and such? It’s tough being a **** isn’t it...glad I’m not the only one. Lol

I've never had a problem at a dealer. Even had some driveline repairs done on vehicles with heavily modified engines. :shrug: