Not happy with @4x4truckleds.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAdik

Reaction score
@4x4TruckLEDs.com needs to work on customer service.
Sold me a broken wiring harness a year ago. And yes it took me a year to split the harness apart and find the broken wire but their response is underwhelming. Emailed them when it first was installed and this was the response.
Yeah test the connection on the harness abs also verify you are sending power to the harness from upfitters - I can’t really help you much other then that without having the item in front of me to test

Even thought I told them I had already tested for power.
Not what I expect when over $500 is involved.
46AFCF73-1948-4779-A13C-5DC8D1C4A43D.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
TBF, he said $500 was involved, not that the harness cost $500. What’s 500, 1x XL80? ;-) kidding...

@4x4TruckLEDs.com needs to work on customer service.
Sold me a broken wiring harness a year ago. And yes it took me a year to split the harness apart and find the broken wire but their response is underwhelming. Emailed them when it first was installed and this was the response.

Even thought I told them I had already tested for power.
Not what I expect when over $500 is involved.
View attachment 337367

...Yeah test the connection on the harness abs also verify you are sending power to the harness from upfitters - I can’t really help you much other then that without having the item in front of me to test

so... how is that different from anything that anyone else on FRF, or anywhere on the internet might do? You really can’t troubleshoot vehicles effectively remotely.

I’ve got mods I’ve been sitting on for a while myself, so I get that things happen, and I’m sure it’s plausible for a long delay. I’ve got an intercooler, shock sensor alarm, and at least 2 pairs of lights waiting for install.

One thing you can do to improve Vendor / customer relations is put the keyboard down, pick up the phone and call. It’s easy to dehumanize the other end of the keyboard. So, I’d suggest both of y’all / yous coordinate a call, discuss what’s been found and how to go about getting a repair done.

I will point out, if you’ve got stuff installed and wiring run already, you’re better off repairing the harness if you know basically where the issue is, unless you have to pull the whole thing to fix it. I’ve had a pull a squadron wiring set from both front corners after I ran it and that was a profound waste of my time that could have been avoided entirely if I’d simply thought out my plan first. Just give up a little bit of “overhead” time up front, to save hours on the back end. Where have we all heard this before - “Slow in, Fast out. Fast in, spin out.”

Anyway, good luck with the repair, and I hope y’all / yous get the misunderstanding taken care of ( NOT in the Sicilian way ).

OP
OP
RaptorAdik

RaptorAdik

Reaction score
I knew y’all would eat my lunch a little on this topic. I reported the issue to the vendor the day I installed it but basically had nothing to say but can’t help me. And yes a year later I finally had time to rip their harness apart and find the broken wire. It was 6 lights and the harness. My point was I gave them two opportunities a year apart to just say I’m sorry. And nothing. I emailed them before blasting them on here. Point being be careful of you buy a harness from them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spoken by someone who’s clearly never had to deal with a boomer customer, or you wouldn’t even jest with that statement.
You read it wrong and probably my fault because I hate having to explain myself and figure most people that drive Raptors can read between the lines. reread it after you hear more of an explanation: in the last 5 years alone, customer service across the board from internet ordering has gone in the toilet, with all kinds of excuses, from shipping problem, to build quality, to staffing problems and poor management, do a poll, most people will agree. I've been around long enough to see the changes in how businesses are operating. I am not talking about the OP's vendor either, just in general. Back in the day, vendors would bend over backwards to make things right, now a days not so much. And don't start some stupid argument about the vendors on here, I'm not being specific. Now have an open mind when you read this, otherwise grow a man bun, seems to be a thing to do today. :rotflmao:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience has been different. I find that I have better access to vendors, particular smaller vendors and large dollar orders and can get more personalized service. That's partially because improved communication via the internet, and partially because customers can more easily trash a vendors reputation on the internet.

That said, people don't take a customers review as seriously, as they know some positive comments can be faked, and the some negative comments are people complaining just to complain. Not saying this is particular instance is the case, don't know.

Also think it's worth noting that internet commerce has increased competition, meaning that vendors have a bigger market, and possibly that vendors have to live with lower margins and higher volume to compete...possibly at the expense of giving each customer more specialized attention. I imagine that vendors used to mostly deal with installers, rather than directly with diy customers. Point being, don't blame a vendor too much for not doing great customer service when it looks like a lost cause (customer is never happy) and their time is better spent elsewhere.

Last point, whether it's wrong or right, there are so many big business dominating markets these days, that I really want to give small business my business whenever it remotely makes sense to do so. I'm not too bothered if the small business can't quite do everything a mega company can do.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
customer service across the board from internet ordering has gone in the toilet, with all kinds of excuses, from shipping problem, to build quality, to staffing problems and poor management, do a poll, most people will agree. I've been around long enough to see the changes in how businesses are operating.

Apologies, Eh!? I should’ve clarified my snark. I’d say you are 100% right and the fields with the absolute worst customer experience have taken the China virus excuses to their absolute extreme to reach new lows of customer abuse. Hello? When was the last time you made a doctor appointment and it was kept --ON TIME--? Airlines... It’s tough to conceive of an industry that treats people more poorly. Cable TV providers! And that’s not to say it’s the individual contributors, you can very easily find a really helpful customer service rep on even a consumer electronics customer service team, who really tries. Some of these places should rename C/S to the Corporate Apology Team. Others do try. But yeah, your intended point is well taken.

Still, if you’re dealing with a boomer customer, they’re not always right. ;-)

Full disclosure: I’ve made probably half a dozen purchases from Adam (4x4TruckLeds) and have not had any customer service concerns. I’m not discounting the customer’s experience here, just disclosing.

Point being, don't blame a vendor too much for not doing great customer service when it looks like a lost cause (customer is never happy) and their time is better spent elsewhere.
Yeah. Sadly, in the era of social media, feigned outrage, and ginned up controversy, it’s not worth apologizing any more. It’s like prison on social media, apologizing is a sign of weakness and admission of guilt. The mob piles on and strives to find even more guilt and wrong.

Last point, whether it's wrong or right, there are so many big business dominating markets these days, that I really want to give small business my business whenever it remotely makes sense to do so. I'm not too bothered if the small business can't quite do everything a mega company can do.

FRF supporting vendors are my first go to for Raptor parts.