NOT ALL 1.5” PRELOAD COLLARS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I saw the first Gen 3 with 1.5” SVC collars, something looked off. Compared to other manufacturers collars they always looked way too high in the front to be 1.5”

So I ordered a set of SVC collars thinking that it must be just the photo. When I opened the box, they looked thiccc. No way these were 1.5”.

So in the name of science I ordered a set of Foutz 1.5” collars. Much thinner.

The Foutz collars are about half the height of the SVC collars. The SVC collars measure 1.5” tall under the perch and the Foutz are about 3/4”. I think SVC didn’t take into consideration spring rates and assumed an 1.5” collar makes the truck an 1.5” level.

I’ll be installing the Foutz collars as every photo I’ve seen the truck sits level, similar to RPG collars. The SVC collars are a great option for those doing a rear lift and I love the one piece design.

4023AEA8-56F4-4B78-9412-0286D4D726EA.jpeg

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know this for sure as I do not have either of them in hand. But it all depends on where your collar lands on the shock. As in how much the collar truly compresses the spring. Half of the SVC collar could act as a sleeve over the bottom part of the shock body, thus not providing any lift and more for looks/structure. Again, I don’t have them in front of me, but this would be my guess.

OP
OP
K

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know this for sure as I do not have either of them in hand. But it all depends on where your collar lands on the shock. As in how much the collar truly compresses the spring. Half of the SVC collar could act as a sleeve over the bottom part of the shock body, thus not providing any lift and more for looks/structure. Again, I don’t have them in front of me, but this would be my guess.

The relief for both is at the very bottom of the collar. So they will sit in the same place.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SVC collars in hand waiting for my truck to arrive. The SVC collars replace the fox factory perch collar entirely. If you flip the SVC collar over and look inside you’ll see the notch on the inside of the collar. This allows the collar to slide over the bottom of the shock body.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so funny how this has all evolved yet isn't that different. On the Gen 1s, it was a matter of moving a piece of wire that looked like my retainer from 1984 up into a different notch on the Fox Shock. There were three. When we made an adjustment it was called to Mid Perch.

OP
OP
K

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SVC collars in hand waiting for my truck to arrive. The SVC collars replace the fox factory perch collar entirely. If you flip the SVC collar over and look inside you’ll see the notch on the inside of the collar. This allows the collar to slide over the bottom of the shock body.

The Foutz has the same relief, as mentioned before. There’s an obvious difference between SVC and other manufacturers 1.5” collars, the SVCs sit much higher.

Reaction score
I thought the svc 1.5” collars made the truck sit higher than rpg or foutz to.. cool to see the side by side. Thanks for going through the trouble. Here is my truck with the svc 1.5” collars and 37s.

Attachments

• 21764482-4517-48A9-BB4F-78EDCBE7BC83.jpeg
    21764482-4517-48A9-BB4F-78EDCBE7BC83.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 1BE16DBF-607C-4688-820E-841C5165FDD1.jpeg
    1BE16DBF-607C-4688-820E-841C5165FDD1.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 406

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Looks awesome, It is hard to tell in the picture, do you feel it level? Looks great, clean looking Raptor.

1vision33

Reaction score
I thought the svc 1.5” collars made the truck sit higher than rpg or foutz to.. cool to see the side by side. Thanks for going through the trouble. Here is my truck with the svc 1.5” collars and 37s.
Any chance you can snap a pic on level ground? (It looks like your driveway is slanted so it makes it tough to really gauge how level it is.. or not)

I have the SVC collars sitting in a box and I’ve been waiting to see some pics before actually installing them or not :)