Not a real Raptor, but bad ass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Id say it's about 20K high considering it says nothing about being caged or what's done in the rear. From what I can tell it's a great start to a very nice Prerunner but still needs a lot of expensive parts and fab work to be getting 45K.

It's all about the look.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Jersey phone number is because the current owner is a Marine. I used to see this truck everyday on Miramar in SD. Nice truck but not for 45K

-Rob

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the great chip foose has said, nothing should draw your attention and that is the look of a very balanced vehilce. A raptor is balanced. This has front fenders that astronauts notice. I guarantee with 37s and a 5.4 it doesn't see serious dirt. It's the look...which is definitely not worth what he's asking

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
As the great chip foose has said, nothing should draw your attention and that is the look of a very balanced vehilce. A raptor is balanced. This has front fenders that astronauts notice. I guarantee with 37s and a 5.4 it doesn't see serious dirt. It's the look...which is definitely not worth what he's asking

5.4 at 300 hp with the right gears would tear up a 6.2 with stock gears. Right driver also helps

It's putting what you got to the ground.
5.4 is 100 lbs lighter

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why do 37's mean it doesn't see dirt? Btw it has 39's and aggressive low gearing.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems expensive for a salvage title. even if it is for theft. $20k in upgrades still leaves $25 left...... i dont think the stock truck is worth that much now. but im sure somebody will want it, maybe not at that price, but i have a feeling it will sell. it doesnt look too bad, except the oversized front fenders. looks a little out of proportion.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
45k for not a Raptor or 50k for a brand new Raptor hmmm let me see...
hmmm let me see... 45K obo + 5K for rear suspension and bipass's up front for a truck that would walk all over a Raptor in the dezert, ok. If only I was looking for another project right now

this is very scary: "his truck has a "SALVAGE"title from theft"
seems expensive for a salvage title.
If your planning on building a truck from the start than it's a good idea start with a Salvaged title so that it saves you the up front cost. I searched for 5-6 months high and low for a salvaged titled Sport Trac that wasn't to destroyed with no luck, could have saved myself 5-7K

Quite a few shops are doing this also, Brenthal being one of them