Not a RAPTOR

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by A.I.I.Raciing, Jul 11, 2010.

1. A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing Dezert 8MYMNEY

Here is my 2004 Sport Trac build if anyone is interested!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Nice! So how long have you been working on it? Is that last pic the latest look?

3. Batman

Batman Full Access Member

Lookin good, keep the pics coming and keep us updated.

4. BentToast

BentToast FRF Addict

What did it cost to build?

5. A.I.I.Raciing

Got the truck last July, and started cutting it apart in March.

Will do

WAY to much

6. BentToast

BentToast FRF Addict

Ah thats a lot of dough but you have a damn good looking, extremely capable truck that will be a lot of fun for many years. Enjoy it... Though you coulda shoulda bought a Raptor, you would have had air con sat nav and satalite radio :drool:

7. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp

What up, A.I.I.?
    good to see you on this site too. That sporttrac is badass. a lightweight 4 seater pre-runner, looks fun. I definitely don't get tired of seeing the pics of that bad boy, keep 'em comin'!!

8. A.I.I.Raciing

Luckily for me I can have both, hell we may have 2 of them here within the next year or 2. My girl wants a Raptor now also, but she wants an Extra cab and I want a SuperCrew
    The problem is that my girl and I both have new SUV/Trucks. Mine just rolled 20K and her's just got to 12K, so selling them wouldn't be the smartest idea in this economy.
    And my Sport Trac will have GPS, could have AC, but not likely, and it will have a 6 disc CD player(dont listen to radio). So if Im missing something that I REALLY need I have no problem putting it in this truck.

I should have more pics tomorrow, and the truck should see day light for the 1st time since March 8th. I can't wait to loaded it onto my trailer tomorrow morning :)

9. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp

Man the waiting game is the hardest part.
    Whether it's waiting months for a vehicle you've ordered and never seen, or waiting months/years for a vehicle you're building up and see it regularly in an inoperable state... the waiting part is excruciating.

After all of that waiting, there's something about that moment when you first fire it up that is indescribable. All the anxiety of waiting melts away in those precious moments with that engine's first roar of life as you commence your first ride.

I'm excited for you bro.
    My brother's project car that I showed you should also be driving for the first time pretty soon since the engine, tranny, brakes, etc have been swapped out... he's fiending like a tweaker looking for a fix to get that thing on the road... then it's back to work on rollcage, fiberglass, etc.

Becoming obsessed with vehicles is a dangerously expensive addiction.

10. A.I.I.Raciing

Thats how it was on Saturday, I went through all the wiring and made sure that everything was connected and did a visual check 3-4 times, hooked the battery up and instantly the system started charging. So I turned the key on and rolled down the windows, so it was time to start it, 1st try and it was alive....That was one HUGE hurdle that Im glad we didn't have to fight. It seems that everytime I tear down a truck something stops working, well not this time...

The job was scheduled to take 3-4 weeks, so I figured 6 to be safe, well, today my Sport Trac saw day light for the 1st time in 18 1/2 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to stop at Crown(http://www.crownperformance.com/) to have brake lines made so I took some pics, here's one
    [​IMG]

Then she made it back to my house and is now in my garage about to be torn down
    [​IMG]