*Not a Crack in lca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mxdgood

Reaction score
I'm curious, What did your dealer charge to install the shocks? I need to replace mine soon and don't know if I want to DIY it or not. My initial thought is buy on Rock Auto and have dealer install the parts I provide.
It was around 380 with an alignment included for the fronts. Price seems to vary slightly between locations. I did the rears myself.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, it’s not a crack. It was tar. A perfectly placed strand of tar that at first did not come off but did with a little degreaser.

I ran my fingernail across it and I thought I felt a slight resistance but nothing came off. It didn’t compute that if there was a catch that it was raised and not a crack.

I really appreciate the input. Saved me a lot of hassle and a walk of shame at the dealership. Feeling foolish yet relieved at the same time is a funny feeling but I gladly accept it. Thanks guys.

C4-EC6-BBF-9-A54-447-A-8473-453-AF444-F03-B.jpg
I thought I had a crack in my new Tony Lama boots, turns out I was talking to a girl in a skirt that wasn't wearing any underwear. You can imagine my relief.