Nose heavy now. Winch and intercooler added weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilgsx96

Reaction score
I put the winch mount and front mounted intercooler on the truck which added about 150 lbs to the very front making it nose heavy and she is sitting at 39 inches. I can feel it when I hit any bumps in the nose was the dive a lot quicker now. I am thinking about putting springs up front vice collars. I am not looking to go with a bigger tire size, I am not looking for a perfectly level truck, I just want it to be raised up in the front a little higher.
Now for the question which springs Geiser or Eibach? Keep in mine I am not looking to try and clear a bigger set a tires or anything but I do worry about ride quality.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geisers will raise an unmodified Gen 2 about 2.5" higher than factory height. I am not sure how much your extra 150 lbs will lower it, but I know my FullRace IC and custom bumper with lights hardly lowered my front at all. I think most of your extra weight is in the winch, so yours should be at least a 1/2" lower, maybe more.

My truck rides fantastic with Geisers up front and Deaver +3s in the back. (I have 37s, so I wanted the extra height all the way around)

Dvidal

Reaction score
Geisers will raise an unmodified Gen 2 about 2.5" higher than factory height. I am not sure how much your extra 150 lbs will lower it, but I know my FullRace IC and custom bumper with lights hardly lowered my front at all. I think most of your extra weight is in the winch, so yours should be at least a 1/2" lower, maybe more.

My truck rides fantastic with Geisers up front and Deaver +3s in the back. (I have 37s, so I wanted the extra height all the way around)
+1
CC.jpg

hilltides

Reaction score
I put the winch mount and front mounted intercooler on the truck which added about 150 lbs to the very front making it nose heavy and she is sitting at 39 inches. I can feel it when I hit any bumps in the nose was the dive a lot quicker now. I am thinking about putting springs up front vice collars. I am not looking to go with a bigger tire size, I am not looking for a perfectly level truck, I just want it to be raised up in the front a little higher.
Now for the question which springs Geiser or Eibach? Keep in mine I am not looking to try and clear a bigger set a tires or anything but I do worry about ride quality.
Hey lilgsx96, I want to mount a winch and add an intercooler. I’m unsure what Cobb intercooler leaves room for a winch. Can you offer any insight from your install? What winch and mount and what intercooler?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

150 lbs? What type of winch did you get?

OP
OP
L

lilgsx96

Reaction score
Hey lilgsx96, I want to mount a winch and add an intercooler. I’m unsure what Cobb intercooler leaves room for a winch. Can you offer any insight from your install? What winch and mount and what intercooler?
I am running the Swarf works winch mount and COBB IC. Its a nice clean install.