North Star Ford - Fort Mcmurray, AB Service Dept fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up in Fort Mcmurray we are used to paying inflated prices for everything. I went in to get an appointment for my 24,000 km service and they wanted $450........um NFW! So they said the basic filters, rotation, oil change is $150......FFS...ok.

Three days later i took the Raptor in to get the climate control fixed and the service at 8am. Picked the truck up at 6:30pm drove to work that night and home in the morning. Went to check the oil level and lugnuts. Once I opened the hood I seen the airbox as apart, unlatched. The filter was still in position, VERY thankfully as we have sand and dust in the air constantly. So while putting it back together I found they didnt change the filter at all, even though I paid for one. So I walked the 1/2 block to NAPA and got a K&N.

I heard many horror stories of the service there, but gave them a chance as they had just gotten SVT certified last winter. Will not be returning there again seeing as the most basic of things were not finished/ done but were paid for.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what did you do Floppy? Report them, go back and complain, call SVT, come on, tell us.

BTW, that does suck and I would be highly pissed off. Sure your oil was changed?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! Call Ford's hotline and complain. Send Ford a letter. Make it an issue. And I'd send a letter or call the owner of the dealership and let him know what happened and that you're going to call Alan Mullaly (CEO of Ford) - that should get his attention!