North Carolina Raptor Group meet up / Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my '20 lead foot last week, I'm located in Sneads Ferry but definitely willing to drive out to some of these spots and meet up with other owners.

Personally I don't have the set up to camp and do both Hurricane and Uwharrie in one weekend but would definitely be interested in doing one in April and the other in May.

Cribz

Reaction score
I read on another forum that Uwharrie has closed all campgrounds. No word on whether this will affect trail openings.

OP
OP
Sircottonballz
Reaction score
So yes the national Forest service has closed camping on maintained sites and amenities at the locations as well. However trails are still open. Also primitive camping is still permitted. This was as of two days ago when I checked up on it all. So as long as out individual counties don't go on lock down we should be ok. Or the counties in which the trails are. Hopefully by end of April all is well again but if not we will push it back. I'm gonna just go ahead and call it and say that we do one trail on one day. Then a month later come back for the other trail. Now we just have to vote on the trail.

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yes the national Forest service has closed camping on maintained sites and amenities at the locations as well. However trails are still open. Also primitive camping is still permitted. This was as of two days ago when I checked up on it all. So as long as out individual counties don't go on lock down we should be ok. Or the counties in which the trails are. Hopefully by end of April all is well again but if not we will push it back. I'm gonna just go ahead and call it and say that we do one trail on one day. Then a month later come back for the other trail. Now we just have to vote on the trail.

primitive camping lol, you mean actual camping.

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the state is on lock down which makes what we want to more difficult (at this time) but would you guys be cool with me creating a FB page for NC raptors? Just a place where we can communicate easier and plan some trail rides.