Normal wrinkle in seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it normal to get such a pronounced wrinkle in the seat area like this. When I look closer at it, it seems like it wasn’t stretched properly and could be off by a stitch or two? It’s minor but the truck has 10k on it and I’m careful how I get in and out along with the fact I’m only 175 pounds.

Attachments

• A22485E4-9266-4616-8F10-1F62FD1D521F.jpeg
    A22485E4-9266-4616-8F10-1F62FD1D521F.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 162

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to get such a pronounced wrinkle in the seat area like this. When I look closer at it, it seems like it wasn’t stretched properly and could be off by a stitch or two? It’s minor but the truck has 10k on it and I’m careful how I get in and out along with the fact I’m only 175 pounds.
A lot of people have had that problem, take it to your dealer and they should be able to replace it.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people have had that problem, take it to your dealer and they should be able to replace it.
Thanks. I've got a few and have seen a few in the back of the seat, but this is the first I have been seeing in the actual seat area. I have to get them to fix the sliding door on my charging mat area, as that isn't working correctly either.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seat bottoms are made too big/loose. My orignal did it, I replaced it with a new one, and the replacement is doing it again. I put new/upgraded foam in there too, not that the OEM stuff was bad- but it's not the foam.

There's no way to stretch it tighter either, you just gotta live with it or periodically replace it. I replaced mine without taking the seat out. PITA to get the inner edge agaisnt the console to hook (that side has to be rotated as it goes on to hook on the seat frame- and it sucks) but it was not a pain in the back since I didn't have to lift that damn seat out of the truck.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
My seat is doing the same thing. Bothered me at first, but I forget about it most of the time. The only thing that would truly irk me is if there was a premature tear due to the bunching/stretching. Pretty hard to see the seat bottom when we're driving the truck at least, right? :)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s weird. Especially having it happen more than once. Mine are really tight.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing in the same spot as well. I noticed it in a lightly used 2021. Mine started showing the crease around 1500 miles...the price you pay for riding around on what feels like your living room sofa, I suppose:hidesbehindsofa:

MyLord

Reaction score
Same but it’s a wear and tear item imo. If you replace it, it’ll happen again so what’s the point imo.