Normal Parasitic Draw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the parasitic drain should be from the factory, before any mods?

My truck wouldn't start today and while I charge up the battery I'm about to run some tests. I've had it 6 months with no issues so far. Recently I added ditch lights to Aux 1 but that shouldn't have changed anything. My initial thoughts are one of two things: Either (1) Cobb Accessport. I thought I had the battery saver setting on but I may not have. Or (2) my dash cam. I have the dash cam on a black box and I could've sworn I set it to shutoff at 12.5v but it was at 12.0v...the dip switches are accessible under the passenger dash so maybe my gf kicked the one that changed it to 12.0v.

I'm assuming I'll be able to find it, but am also now curious what kind of factory draw we should expect. Thanks!!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't know about the draw...but I have a big ass stereo, dash cam, and lights on a couple up fitter switches. My truck sat for a month in july, and fired right up.

August 2018 battery.

I would bet it is the dash cam setting.