NorCal Rallycross Episode III: Revenge of the Track Width

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another weekend, another day out with the NorCal rallycross crew attempting to blend into the Subaru crowd. This time we were again at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows CA. Track was a lot wider this time which means fat girl could actually stretch her legs. Baja mode ensued and the truck actually held its own: Link to results. Hardest part of the day was switching tires. Man everything on this truck is big and heavy, switching between my (now) dedicated set of used KO2's and back to my street Toyo AT3's was a serious workout. Getting pretty fast at it but definitely will be accepting applications to join the braaaaptor pit crew.

Next Up: Oct 29-30 in Santa Rosa and then a day/night rally in Marysville on Nov 19. Link to sign up and find events

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks Uber fun! Shit I wish Florida had events like this.

Only recommendation, it’ll take some practice but then you can rub better times in their faces.

You have to learn to steer with the throttle less with the actual wheel. Letting the truck rotate by lifting off, allowing the weight of the rear to shift forward, the rear swings, and then gas it to keep her going. Give the steering a little snap to exacerbate that rear swing.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks amazingly fun. Way to beat some modified subies. I just signed up for one here in WI.

Why do they make you run in Modified?

Awesome, hope you enjoy - the truck is literally double the size of the subies... adds to the comedy

I could honestly run in prepared - I initially asked and they said modified since I'm e50 tuned. My times would be consistent top 3-5 in prepared but mid to low pack in modified. Doesn't matter much to me, I'm there for a laugh.

That looks like a metric #### ton of fun

Come out and give it a try!

This looks Uber fun! Shit I wish Florida had events like this.

Only recommendation, it’ll take some practice but then you can rub better times in their faces.

You have to learn to steer with the throttle less with the actual wheel. Letting the truck rotate by lifting off, allowing the weight of the rear to shift forward, the rear swings, and then gas it to keep her going. Give the steering a little snap to exacerbate that rear swing.

Totally agree, the X factor with RX (and with the run that I uploaded) is the wetness of the track. Some places really use a lot of water which turns the clay into snot and then the truck doesn't react well. When you can get the truck moving it'll rotate nice, but generally the tracks we have here are tight and you just don't have enough space or speed to keep the rear end swinging.

The few corners where you can brake steer and power through are really great!

On the bright side you were best in your class lol :)

And laughing the hardest!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re definitely getting more of a work out hustling that truck around out there. Outstanding work!