NorCal / Northern NV Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Typr04 Thank you for the recommendation! My wife, dog and I are going on this short road trip for our baby moon, that trail looks easy enough on my wife but enough to get off the pavement and enjoy my new Gen 3. Thank you!!!

Typr04

Reaction score
@Typr04 Thank you for the recommendation! My wife, dog and I are going on this short road trip for our baby moon, that trail looks easy enough on my wife but enough to get off the pavement and enjoy my new Gen 3. Thank you!!!
That will be a lot of fun going to Tahoe. I should ask though, what part of Tahoe are you going to. Because this trail from Southlake is about an hour plus away. But from Northlake only 35 minutes. And congratulations. I’m in the same boat, but the wife can’t do bumps so I went alone. So instead we are going to road trip to Colorado and Wyoming in two weeks for our baby moon.

And if you’re in north lake I would also recommend lake bowman. It’s a dirt road trail for awd or greater. Take bowman lake road off of highway 20. Take that road pretty much all the way and you will pop out in north truckee off of highway 89. The scenery is amazing. Pass a couple lakes, a dam, some campgrounds, some meadows, and an aqueduct. Pretty sweet and might be better actually since you’ll pop out back in Truckee. It’s pretty busy tho in the summer, so you probably won’t be able to open her up or anything at all (unless you know where to turn off for a quick detour ).

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will be a lot of fun going to Tahoe. I should ask though, what part of Tahoe are you going to. Because this trail from Southlake is about an hour plus away. But from Northlake only 35 minutes. And congratulations. I’m in the same boat, but the wife can’t do bumps so I went alone. So instead we are going to road trip to Colorado and Wyoming in two weeks for our baby moon.

And if you’re in north lake I would also recommend lake bowman. It’s a dirt road trail for awd or greater. Take bowman lake road off of highway 20. Take that road pretty much all the way and you will pop out in north truckee off of highway 89. The scenery is amazing. Pass a couple lakes, a dam, some campgrounds, some meadows, and an aqueduct. Pretty sweet and might be better actually since you’ll pop out back in Truckee. It’s pretty busy tho in the summer, so you probably won’t be able to open her up or anything at all (unless you know where to turn off for a quick detour ).
I'll be staying on the North side of Lake Tahoe at the Hyatt Regency. We need to burn some Hyatt points and the resort in Tahoe and Monterey look really nice. I'll have to check out the Bowman Lake Road, I've heard of that lake when I used to travel up for snowboarding weekends while living in SF. Thank you!

Granelli

Reaction score
Turn off of 267 summit between truckee and kings beach. Either side offers some beautiful trails, hiking, etc. If you go to Martis Lake, there is a nice little trail climb that opens up to a camp area and views of the entire lake. Really cool spot.