Noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foxtrot84

Reaction score
What's up guys, new here and new to the Raptor. Been eyeing them for years and finally took the plunge a few months back. Picked up a 2018, Lightning Blue, Gen2, 802A, SCA Performance upfitted that was someones garage queen and I apparently couldnt say no to.

I'm just north of Houston (noticing alot of Texas guys here) and I am usually working out in New Mexico and West Texas. Looking forward to getting some solid information and advice, doing some mods, and finding some people to off-road with. Feel free to hit me up if you're in either area. I'll upload more pics when I remember to take some more.

Attachments

• 20210526_173421(1).jpg
    20210526_173421(1).jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Foxtrot84

Foxtrot84

Reaction score
SCA puts the 4" Fabtech lift on it that uses the stock shocks in some (albeit very thick steel and solid looking) lower cradles that bolt up to the lower control arms. More wanted it for the $6-$7k in bumpers and rigid light bars than the lift. If I had my way it would have had been done with the 3.0s and deavers.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. That’s a nice looking blue beast. You should be good for mild off road with that lift. Not sure how much you can push those lift kits. I’d say If you want to go back to the best performance, unbolt that lift kit. But it’s looking good and full of goodies.

Enjoy it.

OP
OP
Foxtrot84

Foxtrot84

Reaction score
Cant go back now, it's already on (basically brand new) 37s lol. Came that way from SCA/Ford. Would have to get the lift removed AND buy a set of factory wheels and tires. If I'm going to drop cash on parts and have it wrenched on, it's getting upgraded.

OP
OP
Foxtrot84

Foxtrot84

Reaction score
The fabtech looks pretty well built. I dont have experience with them as my last truck (sitting beside the Raptor in the pic) was on a 4" BDS lift and fox coilovers with reservoirs; I ran pretty hard on it on desert roads in west TX/NM and it held up, but I didnt jump it more than the occasional several inches off the ground. BDS had a lifetime warranty though so hopefully, if I happen to break this one, fabtech will have the same until I go with a better option.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well just drive it out and slowly test the performance. If you want to stay on 37’s and have clearance, just leave as is. 37’s on a Gen 2 requires doing several other things right and then you still risk damage if you jump it. Some have had pretty good luck though.

Have fun out there!

OP
OP
Foxtrot84

Foxtrot84

Reaction score
Well just drive it out and slowly test the performance. If you want to stay on 37’s and have clearance, just leave as is. 37’s on a Gen 2 requires doing several other things right and then you still risk damage if you jump it. Some have had pretty good luck though.

Have fun out there!
Yup, been progressively hitting the oilfield lease roads at up to 80mph, and some cattle guard kickers at up to 50-60mph and so far, so good. But ya, definitely looking into the better suspension options. Thanks for the warm welcome and information.