Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 non-straight Rear Bumper

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by dmb359, Aug 3, 2020.

1. dmb359

dmb359 Full Access Member

So I got backed into in a parking lot, and ended up getting my tailgate and rear bumper (and hitch receiver bracket) replaced.

Couple things I noticed.

1. The tailgate is slightly off, the gap is slightly bigger on the left side than the right (see circles in the picture)
    2. The bumper isn't level. There is a low spot to the left of the license plate area (see arrow in pic). It's like that particular spot is tilted down a little, or slightly low.

The shop said they aren't adjustments for fit on those. They went back through and took the bumper off and put it back on and nothing changed.

Just curious if there's a way to get that to fit better, or if one of the new copmonents could be warped/bent, or if I'm being a little too particular and this is normal (doesnt seem like it to me)

Raptor Tailgate & Bumper.jpg

Joshua Krueger likes this.
  2. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Sawtooth-Oak_450_a_grande.jpg

+

51Y0A1eyQDL._AC_SY355_.jpg

= Straight everything.

3. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

I don't think you're being too particular. I wouldn't be happy with that work. Your body shop sucks. There's ALWAYS ways to make things fit better. Also, your passenger side exhaust is much higher.

Joshua Krueger and CoronaRaptor like this.
  4. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I got rear ended a while back. I had to replace the top plastic bumper cover and 1 of the metal bumper halves, I am pretty sure I remember an up/down adjustment that can be made. It may be between the bracket that attaches to the bumper then attaches to the frame.

Edit: Oh and on the exhaust tips, as OldFart mentioned, there are 2 small bolts that attach the tip bracket to the frame, I know those are adjustable up and down.

Joshua Krueger likes this.
  5. JefferyGT

JefferyGT Full Access Member

That is unacceptable.

Be sure to recover the diminished value of your truck.

It will never be the same again.

6. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

That gap is a little too close on the passenger side of the tailgate, the bumper, hmmm, well, not a big deal to me, like @Oldfart said, the exhaust on the passenger side needs to be adjusted, that's an easy fix. Ask them to fix these things again, if you're anal about the bumper, get them to adjust it with shims before they touch the exhaust. Oh, and its a $70k vehicle, you're allowed to have OCD.