Non CARB Legal Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBRaptor1

Reaction score
So I have a Gen 2 Raptor and was going to start modifying it and realized that since its a 2018, and that I live in California many of the parts are not CARB legal. Is there any way to get non CARB legal parts shipped into CA?

Reaction score
All depends which parts. Some companies list non-carb products as "For race purposes only" & that should allow them to ship into CA. Other companies know that most consumers arent using these products for just racing, so they choose not to ship into CA. Our intercooler kit was recently CARB approved & we have been shipping them into CA for about a month now.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ unfortunately California sucks, I know I live here as well and most companies that make a product that has not been CARB certified will not sell in CA. Reason is they get busted and pay huge fines I know of quite a few actually....

So most companies settle with just focusing on the 49 other states and leave Cali on the back burner. Only companies with big sales #'s and making enough money venture into CARB compliance.... They have to spend a lot of $ on R&D and send lots of proof to get them past and compliant for that little CARB stamp and most times a CARB certified product really isnt worth it..... Especially when comparing Whipples CARB tune with N Tune, whipples is such a watered down version and that's the only way they can get it CARB approved.

Now maybe you can get someone out of state to accept shipment and then in turn ship to you. I have thought about that for a tune for myself.... Just too lazy tho