Nokian snow tires cheap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
School me up here i have been through some pretty bad winters with Ko2’s in Colorado and never ONCE put snow tires on. Why go through the trouble?
I live in Montana. KO2s do fine in snow, but are not great on ice. Even in 4A and taking corners very slow, it is very easy for me to slide across the street. Dedicated winter tires have a compound that is designed to perform much better than KO2s in such conditions. Cheap insurance IMO if I need to quickly do a maneuver and get out of someone’s way or stop on a dime.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
School me up here i have been through some pretty bad winters with Ko2’s in Colorado and never ONCE put snow tires on. Why go through the trouble?

Having lived in Colorado and Utah and running snow tires on my wife's car its hard to explain just how crazy the difference is in an all season/all terrain and a dedicated winter tire. We were both blown away at the all around increase in grip in every scenario you'd find yourself in with a car.

The only place you might give up some capability in your truck is plowing through deep snow where the larger AT tread voids can move the snow better.

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Having lived in Colorado and Utah and running snow tires on my wife's car its hard to explain just how crazy the difference is in an all season/all terrain and a dedicated winter tire. We were both blown away at the all around increase in grip in every scenario you'd find yourself in with a car.

The only place you might give up some capability in your truck is plowing through deep snow where the larger AT tread voids can move the snow better.
Spot on. In anything other than deep fresh loose snow winter tires are far superior to an A/T tire. My KO2's worked OK until the snow was hard pack and then they got sketchy. Add studs to these winter tires and icy conditions are no longer a concern.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this deal on the Bronco forum. It seems too good to be true. For the price I couldn't pass it up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-H...5-70R17-121-118Q-D-Light-Truck-Tire/257962680
Well it is too good to be true. Ordered 4 tires on Wednesday, got delivery on Friday
What I got is some junk: 235/50ZR18 from Fullrun . Can you install it on a Raptor?
What a screwup Walmart is. Customer service is in India, bad English. Now I have to bring it back to Walmart and be happy to get my money back. Anyone got the right tires?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it is too good to be true. Ordered 4 tires on Wednesday, got delivery on Friday
What I got is some junk: 235/50ZR18 from Fullrun . Can you install it on a Raptor?
What a screwup Walmart is. Customer service is in India, bad English. Now I have to bring it back to Walmart and be happy to get my money back. Anyone got the right tires?
Thanks for the heads up I’m gonna cancel my order. I should have went with my inner voice… when it’s too good to be true.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRh8QsyXoAMFEZf.png

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from the Walmart site. Size specs are just confusing. Are they 225, 315, or 235? 17 or 8125? What a mess.

Specifications​

Features​

Size: 225 55R8125

Tire Size​

LT315/70R17

Vehicle Type​

Light Truck

Tire Width​

235 mm

Wheel Diameter​

17 Inches

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
That is a bummer. Mine are scheduled to be delivered on Monday. I am expecting the same.