GEN 2 noise rear ford raptor 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hucor30

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2020 ford f150 raptor and since I took it out of the dealership I have an annoying metallic noise or rattle in the rear, it happens when going through a pothole or unevenness, it is really annoying ... you think you know what it could be? at the dealership they tell me it's normal. Please help me

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I have a 2020 as well and would say that's not normal. What does the dealer say the noise is coming from "in it's normal location". It could be a variety of things, like a loose spare, loose suspension, leaf springs rubbing, loose bed bolts or a number of other things.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This probably isn’t you but thought I’d mention. I have a 2020 raptor with the stowable ramps (do you have those)? that are mounted to each side of the bed. Factory install not aftermarket. But they started to rattle, annoying so I removed them. I only kept them in for a little extra weight, helps in the winter here.

Reaction score
I had similar noises and it turned out to be the tailgate step that the dealer replaced under warranty. Not sure if you have the step on your Raptor but mine became unlocked in the tailgate when i hit a pothole and would not stay locked