Noise from transmission or axel when decelerating and accelerating quickly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alveolartrill

Reaction score
Hi All,

There is noise coming from my transmission or axel. It happens whenever I decelerate and then quickly accelerate. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

The video shows me doing this 3 times. 2014 Ford Raptor.

Thanks!

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it in for service. Mine made the same noise on 6/5-3 downshift and 3-4 upshift. It was a "squawking" sound. They ended up replacing the valve body (which was cracked), OD cylinder, all clutches, and torque converter.

OP
OP
alveolartrill

alveolartrill

Reaction score
Take it in for service. Mine made the same noise on 6/5-3 downshift and 3-4 upshift. It was a "squawking" sound. They ended up replacing the valve body (which was cracked), OD cylinder, all clutches, and torque converter.
Thanks! I will have the dealer take a look at it.

OP
OP
alveolartrill

alveolartrill

Reaction score
Update on this:

The dealer took a few days to diagnose the problem and get approvals from Ford. They replaced the transmission valve body. Thanks cgibs89 for the tip!

hawksphan

Reaction score
I have this same issue. It is most noticeable during the 5-3 downshift. I'm planning on taking my truck in to the dealer this week.

Hopefully this will be covered by my powertrain warranty. I have coverage until the end of this month.

Have any of your issues returned over the past few months?