Nobody missing BlueCruise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from Tesla, Mercedes, BMW with fantastic driver assist... having still owned the former with this new Raptor I've had for now 3 months I have a few thoughts.

1. I can't speak for the Ford F150 standard lane centering and adaptive cruise. But the Raptors is really bad, I do not trust it and every time I get back in my Tesla I'm reminded just how bad the Raptor is.

2. I was ultra angry at the lack of BlueCruise, I didn't cancel my order obviously but it was a huge bummer. I was definitely in the camp here of those who were unhappy to say the least.

3. The current lane centering/adaptive still does work respectfully on the freeway. I drove 12 hours basically straight north and south no turns and it worked fine. Not great, but fine.

Overall, I do wish I still had it. My truck has it fully equipped, so who knows maybe Ford will make an about face and turn it on for me in the future but it's unlikely and I'll probably have my Raptor R by then anyway if it ever were to happen.

SilverTT

Reaction score
BalorGray - These are very helpful thoughts. Coming out of a 2022 F150 Limited with BlueCruise I can say that I love it and I use it every day on my commute to and from work. It has gotten materially better over the past year I have been using it as well. Used to ping pong a lot more and now it stays pretty much in center of lane even around somewhat fast sweepers. So I am super bummed the Raptor does not support BlueCruise.

That said, looking at your statement here..."3. The current lane centering/adaptive still does work respectfully on the freeway. I drove 12 hours basically straight north and south no turns and it worked fine. Not great, but fine." Two questions:

1. Does that mean the adaptive cruise in Raptor will come to a full stop and sit there for a few seconds or minutes until the traffic starts moving and then automatically resume back up to 70mph or whatever with no interaction from the driver? That is how BlueCruise works and it is fantastic.

2. Doe the lane centering (which I have learned is VERY different from the Bronco's lane keeping) actually do a good job and allow you to take hands off wheel for long stretches of time or is it not that great? When you say "straight north/south with no turns" I am assuming you mean just basic shifts in the road, no really sharp turns? Thanks again.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really know what it does, so no. I guess that falls in line with "can't miss what you've never had."