No tunes after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had issues in the past with the sound for the stereo not coming on when you insert the key after a remote start. After you turn the truck off for a couple minutes then restart everything is fine. It has only been happening a couple times each winter so I really have not dealt with it (i.e. waste my time with the dealer on a problem they cannot duplicate). This year though, it has been more prevalent and I have had it happen on the initial start of the of the day with the key. Plus my ESP will expire soon so time to take care of this. Has anyone been through this or have any insight to this problem to save a little time at the dealer when I get the dumb look?

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
Ive heard rumors that it could be the audio control module that causes these issues. From what I can gather, you need to reprogram the audio control module to the latest calibration using IDS release 91.05 or higher. I have no idea how to do this.

Now, I really dont think thats the issue with your problem though. I think:
A: Either your battery connections are corroded and the initial start is messing with the stereo in a way that it fails to properly start
or B: Your battery is ready to die and essentially the same thing is happening

Ultimately, I think the heavy draws on your battery from the cold starts are leaving insufficient energy to power your radio and its going into some kind of limbo safe mode. I recommend cleaning/tightening the terminals and seeing if that fixes it, and then secondly if need be, changing your battery and seeing if it goes away.

Sorry for late reply