No stranger to dumping time and money into toys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveInTransit

Reaction score
As the title states, making vehicles my own by throwing time and money at them isn't something that's too new to me. Below you'll see a couple of pics of the bookend that now sits in the garage and keeps the horse stall mats below it clean by collecting the dust that would have fallen on them were it not sitting there.

IMG_7531.JPG thumbnail_C1CBD48A-EA94-4E27-8D1D-F728633FF16D.jpg D2BF023F-583C-4CF5-B55E-65E07DC7A59C (1).JPG
2008 Audi RS4
TTS Supercharged
UM Tuned
KW V3 Coilovers
JHM 5R clutch kit
JHM LWFW
JHM Short shift trio
034 solid mounts (motor/trans)
Apikol rear diff mount
JHM piggie pipes (decatted)
Milltek non-resonated, non-valved catback
RS4 Euro front seats and a whole host of other stuff that I probably don't remember.

Which leads me to now. I spent a few months away on a "work trip" and got the itch to buy a truck. I looked at the TRD Pro line (4Runner, Tundra, Tacoma) and just about everything that the good ole USofA had to offer. I knew the whole time that a Raptor was what I really wanted, so I started looking around the country for the right one, at the right price. I saw the Roush Raptors and was instantly sold.
DSC_3044_Original.JPG DSC_2923_Original.JPG
It's a 2019 Roush Raptor and the thing that I appreciate most is the butt chillers. It came loaded (802A, carbon, heated rears, gun safe, tech, etc) and surprised me at how comfortable of a drive it is. I've had it for 2.5 months and today I rolled over 8K miles. It's been in mud and sand, done donuts, been camping, hauled furniture, has dog slobber and hair inside of it and I'm a fan.

I have done a little bit of research on what I want to do...

Plans: 600WHP, some tactful exterior mods and maybe even some audio stuff (not that the B&O isn't good enough, but why not?).
I will be attending Raptor events and ultimately would like to make it down to Baja (mostly because I like Mexican food a whole lot).

Stick around, or not, and input is welcomed.

Oh, and if my name was too confusing, I'm Dave.

Last edited:

Tim Tullio

Reaction score
Yes, the Audi definitely can be a money pit. Use to have an A8. Wonderful car, but there wasn't a single item on that car that cost less than 1K to fix. Nothing. If a drop of anything hit the ground, 1K. If a light came on, 1K. I miss that car, but not it's upkeep.

OP
OP
DaveInTransit

DaveInTransit

Reaction score
Looks great so far!! I'm excited to see everything
Shouldn’t take long for things to change, much to the wife’s chagrin.

Nice buy! Welcome to FRF.
Thank you much!
well done so far.
We can thank Ford and Roush for that.
Yes, the Audi definitely can be a money pit. Use to have an A8. Wonderful car, but there wasn't a single item on that car that cost less than 1K to fix. Nothing. If a drop of anything hit the ground, 1K. If a light came on, 1K. I miss that car, but not it's upkeep.
I know the pain. I just spent enough on maintenance alone that I could have just bought a Kia instead. I normally do all of my own work but I was away for a few months and just decided to drop it off at the shop to get a couple of things done. That couple of things turned it to much more. When I started researching go-fast parts for the Raptor, I was quite surprised and excited at how affordable parts, software and accessories actually are. The blower kit alone for the Audi was well north of $10K. I haven’t seen anything for the truck that even comes close. That’s refreshing.