No start...Communication issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daritz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help....So my 13 screw just wouldn't start one day and here is the series of malfunctions
Dash says start system failure, neither key fob works to lock/unlock or remote start. No navigation, no ac/heat, no phone and tire pressure fault, back up camera stays on after reversing and going right to drive. It goes away if the tranny is back to park then to drive again.
Upon the starting issue, i pulled and put back the #18 fuse under the pass side foot well and truck fired right up. So she runs but with all the above issues still in place.
Dealer had it for 2 weeks and tells me they cannot duplicate the no start issue and at a stand still. I refused to pay them $105 per hour to continue to try and diagnose it... any ideas???
Thanks!!!

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you talk sweet to it and pet the dash?

If the problem is fixed by going drive to park
Replace the neutral safety switch.

Also is it crank/no start or clicks or nothing?

OP
OP
D

daritz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing at all on the no start. I went back out..pulled and put back the #18 under the footwell and just duplicated the start sys failure. Pulled it again and put it back, the truck starts.
Still no key fob activity
No ac heat
No nav

OP
OP
D

daritz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer 1 no longer has the truck..dealer 2 now says its all symptoms of the tsb associated with fuse 27 and an open recall not fixed yet. Wtf is up w dealer 1 not even looking up already identified issues w the raptors. Cost me $116 for them to do nothing.