No Raptor in KBB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked mine up several times on KBB. Over the last 2 years. I would not trust there values anyway. They are high in what they give you. NADA is a better one. Have you tried there.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Why cant you see what your raptor is worth at kelly blue book? why wouldn't they have it?

I could not find it either. I did the carmax estimate last week. They offord me 41K to buy it outright. Not enough. The dealer was gonna give me 42K on trade.

Carmax had 4 2010 scabs on the books nation wide. They were priced at $41k.

I think area markit will play a big role on an offer to you. I gave $49K roughly plus tax and BS. So based on just price, the new one was gonna be a tad more, the offer of $42k on my trade, a lose of $7K with 16, 000 miles was not all that bad in my eyes. ( I STILL WANT A SILVER ONE! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa )

BDRAG

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it on NADA. That's what most dealers go by over kbb anyway

The banks go by NADA, we look at NADA, but just like everyone who want's the best price new, the people want the same price used. No one wants to pay "Retail".

What we look at is auction. What can we sell it for if we don't move it in the next couple months, you would be surprised how many cars are sold that lose money. We take them in, service them, detail them, etc.. 2 months later, the vehilces are worth less.

Now, being a Ford dealer, we are always going to give a little more on speciality vehicles like raptors, lightnings, cobra's, and stuff like that.

Especially with me there, as I almost always can move them on ebay or something. So I always push for top dollar.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to KBB.com and did my trade in and retail value. First page askes year, make and model. Also mileage and zip code. Second page is where you will find the SVT Raptor type at the bottom of the list and then you can press on with engine, options ect... I do not know if the 2012s are in there yet or not. I would guess not, but the 2010 and 2011 are. Good luck. I would still use NADA for your estimates.

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think kbb is better for private sale and nada is closer to dealer prices (obviously not the case all the time). also depending on what vehicle you are looking at and the area you are in it can be drastically off from actual street (private party prices). i know in the pacific northwest both prices can be thrown out the window for subaru prices. Id also like to know where nada comes up with their value on my 83' 911, not complaining about the $22k+ value they are giving it :)