No oil anymore in catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first bought my 2019 Raptor I added a UPR catch can, I remember the first or 2nd time I emptied the can it had about 12 or so ounces of milk shake looking oil in the can.

After that one time there has never been oil in the can. I'm thinking the rings have sealed better due to break in and the can is no longer needed?

Is this typical? Or most of you guys getting oil in the can every time you check it?

Viper01

Reaction score
I still get 1-2oz every 4K oil change. 2018 with 52k miles. Installed the upr catch can at 500 miles.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the hoses are still attached where they should be, then I think that there is something amiss internal to your catch can.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed UPR and they replied saying the sludge could "skin over" causing the oil to not come out the bottom. Wish I would have known that before.

I opened the valve on the can today and nothing obviously, walked to the other side of the truck to get a skinny screwdriver to poke up inside when I heard a bunch of liquid draining and leaking everywhere. All of a sudden the oil wanted to come out lol, must have had a full catch cans worth of oil, it looked fresh (fresher than the first time) and was probably pretty warm as the oil was thin that came out. Well I'm glad I now know what to do.

I couldn't imagine all this oil in my intake/intercooler, pretty stoked I installed a catch can.

Seartrip

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Just needed to run a small screwdriver or wire into the ball valve. For anyone doing this, be prepared to contain the mess.

But it only happened once, and it was in the colder months.