No moon roof 17’ or loaded 18’

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

5150fear

Reaction score
Thank you. I think it’s my top color next to the lighter blue.

For those that bought the flood ford warranty is there a time limit to purchase it buy?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My previous post was in regards to the entire roof opening panel requiring replacement. I should have been more specific.

Sorry to hear that you’re still having an issue; sounds like some poor workmanship by the dealer. There is a separate TSB for the rattle noise; it’s a relatively simple procedure that you can perform yourself. Send me a DM if you’re interested.

The issue that was identified was related to the glass panel brackets, which, as you mention, can crack or break apart. The TSB has the dealership replace both brackets, which come as a kit. The procedure also includes applying Krytox grease to the glass bracket cam slots.

There is no “cash cow” for the manufacturer when a component requires repair or replacement. It drives up warranty cost and decreases customer satisfaction. In many cases, the OE doesn’t even own the design; it’s provided by a supplier. It’s a lose-lose for all sides.

Yes, the TSB was released December of 2018. The TSB number is 20-2092.

I started another thread about my sunroof guides breaking a couple of months ago and finally had the work done today. TSB 20 2092 is on my invoice and I can honestly say it’s like a completely different roof panel. It’s quiet, smooth, and all aligned. I am very happy with the work.