No Love for KC lights? Hella Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps there are more brands that I am unaware of, but it seems if it's not Rigid or BD, it doesn't exist any longer.

Why don't I see KC lights around, except as immortalized in FGL songs?

And Hella, I remember Hella emblazoned on those big white covers protecting the lenses. Where have they gone, Joe DiMaggio?'

I'm brand agnostic. I just like the best.

I'll say that after initially owning Rigid on my first Raptor and now BD on my second, I think BD are brighter. That is, until I just got a 20" Rigid lightbar which is close to the sun in brightness. Loving that.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
KC are still around but Rigid pretty much started taking them out of the market years ago and became the new "go to"

Then Baja Designs got into the 4x4 game. Baja has always been popular in "Baja" racing with your ATVs, UTVs, Bikes. But when they branched into the 4x4 market they kicked some serious butt. So they started becoming the new GO TO brand... and with good reason.

I always liked Rigid, still do, and honestly when I first got sent a set of Baja lights back in the day I was not impressed when I opened the box. This little tiny Squadron light looked like a joke.. until I powered it up. I was hooked/sold. Then I learned about the lenses and how the end-user could replace them VERY easily. Well that was even better.

Then throw in all the OEM kits they make for the various trucks and it's pretty awesome.

You wanna talk old school... let's talk about PIAA :) Good ole PIAA. EVERYBODY who was anybody had a row of PIAA lights on their rigs. KC and PIAA controlled the market back in the day. I don't see PIAA around much these days. I see a little KC here/there for the nostalgic guys. KC has a few cool products (like their roof racks/gravity lights) but when it comes down to it Baja is just kicking ass and taking names

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am even older school then that....

Sev Marchal Lights for the win!!!!!!

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to use good old GE aircraft landing lights, they worked good, but nowhere near what we have today.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
KC is still around. We run their C40 curved light bar in the ADD Stealth Fighter Bumper on one of our shop trucks. They make a good quality product, solid output at a lower power draw and at a great price point.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hella, KC and piaa kinda got left in the dust by new led technology..
For off-road baja designs is king. We had some led kc's on our race car and when we switched to bd it was a night and day difference.

However, I do have a piaa sae light. Actually is pretty good and has a unique look

a085924045746388159528da82bba5fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have KC lights on my 2014. Tire Rack had a great deal a few years ago when I think they stopped carrying KC. I got a C20 and a C30 as well as the KC LZR cube kit for around $800 bucks. Might not be the best but they look great on my truck and work well for what I need. Going on 4 years installed and they look as good as the day I installed them.

Mark