Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

No Love for KC lights? Hella Lights?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by MDJAK, Sep 10, 2019.

1. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Perhaps there are more brands that I am unaware of, but it seems if it's not Rigid or BD, it doesn't exist any longer.

Why don't I see KC lights around, except as immortalized in FGL songs?

And Hella, I remember Hella emblazoned on those big white covers protecting the lenses. Where have they gone, Joe DiMaggio?'

I'm brand agnostic. I just like the best.

I'll say that after initially owning Rigid on my first Raptor and now BD on my second, I think BD are brighter. That is, until I just got a 20" Rigid lightbar which is close to the sun in brightness. Loving that.

raptor36 and Dhowell like this.
  2. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

KC are still around but Rigid pretty much started taking them out of the market years ago and became the new "go to"

Then Baja Designs got into the 4x4 game. Baja has always been popular in "Baja" racing with your ATVs, UTVs, Bikes. But when they branched into the 4x4 market they kicked some serious butt. So they started becoming the new GO TO brand... and with good reason.

I always liked Rigid, still do, and honestly when I first got sent a set of Baja lights back in the day I was not impressed when I opened the box. This little tiny Squadron light looked like a joke.. until I powered it up. I was hooked/sold. Then I learned about the lenses and how the end-user could replace them VERY easily. Well that was even better.

Then throw in all the OEM kits they make for the various trucks and it's pretty awesome.

You wanna talk old school... let's talk about PIAA :) Good ole PIAA. EVERYBODY who was anybody had a row of PIAA lights on their rigs. KC and PIAA controlled the market back in the day. I don't see PIAA around much these days. I see a little KC here/there for the nostalgic guys. KC has a few cool products (like their roof racks/gravity lights) but when it comes down to it Baja is just kicking ass and taking names

raptor36, Jace21583 and MDJAK like this.
  3. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

I am even older school then that....

Sev Marchal Lights for the win!!!!!!

4. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Recall PIAA well.

5. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

Gravity lights?

6. Spectragod

Spectragod FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I used to use good old GE aircraft landing lights, they worked good, but nowhere near what we have today.

7. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

Im sporting some KC'S, havent seen anyone else though.

KC.jpg

8. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

KC is still around. We run their C40 curved light bar in the ADD Stealth Fighter Bumper on one of our shop trucks. They make a good quality product, solid output at a lower power draw and at a great price point.

MDJAK likes this.
  9. ogdobber

ogdobber Full Access Member

Hella, KC and piaa kinda got left in the dust by new led technology..
    For off-road baja designs is king. We had some led kc's on our race car and when we switched to bd it was a night and day difference.

However, I do have a piaa sae light. Actually is pretty good and has a unique look

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MDJAK likes this.
  10. KOBRA2848

KOBRA2848 Member

I have KC lights on my 2014. Tire Rack had a great deal a few years ago when I think they stopped carrying KC. I got a C20 and a C30 as well as the KC LZR cube kit for around $800 bucks. Might not be the best but they look great on my truck and work well for what I need. Going on 4 years installed and they look as good as the day I installed them.

Mark

MDJAK and J. Wolfe like this.