"No Key Detected" and other electrical issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer , I have also checked if it can come from the wires between the door and the frame, I have read wire broken can happen at this place , I supposed it was not my case, hope my truck is too new for this problem..And usualy when it come from wire, the issue is itermitent, and suppose the actuator on't make noise...
My tecnical vocabulary is limited, sorry , so, what do you mean by " latch is binding" for me problem should come from the latch actuator, it make a strange noise like a "bzzzzz" the passanger door don't make this noise... Also, you're right , it doesn't seem to be complicate to do it , have found a topic about this operation (actuator replace) I am still under warranty, I should leave someone do it for me, even if I don't feel trusty when otherone work on my car...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer , I have also checked if it can come from the wires between the door and the frame, I have read wire broken can happen at this place , I supposed it was not my case, hope my truck is too new for this problem..And usualy when it come from wire, the issue is itermitent, and suppose the actuator on't make noise...
My tecnical vocabulary is limited, sorry , so, what do you mean by " latch is binding" for me problem should come from the latch actuator, it make a strange noise like a "bzzzzz" the passanger door don't make this noise... Also, you're right , it doesn't seem to be complicate to do it , have found a topic about this operation (actuator replace) I am still under warranty, I should leave someone do it for me, even if I don't feel trusty when otherone work on my car...
If the lock mechanism in the latch is binding (difficult to move), it will cause the door to be difficult to lock or unlock with the key, and will also damage the motor as it tries to change the lock position. That is most likely the buzzing noise you hear. If you have a dealer you can have it serviced at, I would recommend that.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you again to take time, you seem to help many members here, congrat for that ! I will look this when I will have time , I can use my truck , it's not e huge problem, but I will make checked that as soon as possible...

Reaction score
Wow! Great thread. I have this happening now to my 2019 Gen 2 33000 miles. It first started happening about 2 months ago. At first, I thought the battery on the key fob is the culprit. I started using the second key fob. It was okay for a week or so, and then it started happening to the second key fob, so I knew it was not my key fobs, but a receiver in the truck.
Big pain in the *** at this point.
It happens all the time now and every day. Driving me nuts. The biggest pain is when I am at a red light and decide to put it in park, for a moment and then BAM! It will not allow me to put it back in drive. It horrible and embarrassing, when I am in a fast food drive through and the same thing happens. I can’t put it back in to drive. Also happens when I try to lock and unlock the truck. Also while driving, I get this
“ No Key Detected” notice. It has been scary at times and a big problem at other times. I really dislike getting cars with new technologies, because of silly things like this. That’s why I waited to get my Gen 2, for 3 years. I thought by then, all the kinks would be figured out and handled through recalls and updates. I guess, nope.
I am very thankful for this thread and this forum. Second time I find a solution in this forum for my Ford problems. The first was a VTC problem. Wait till you come across that noisy and embarrassing issue.
I will definitely be taking my truck to my local dealer and instructing them what to do. CHANGE MY BATTERY.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Great thread. I have this happening now to my 2019 Gen 2 33000 miles. It first started happening about 2 months ago. At first, I thought the battery on the key fob is the culprit. I started using the second key fob. It was okay for a week or so, and then it started happening to the second key fob, so I knew it was not my key fobs, but a receiver in the truck.
Big pain in the *** at this point.
It happens all the time now and every day. Driving me nuts. The biggest pain is when I am at a red light and decide to put it in park, for a moment and then BAM! It will not allow me to put it back in drive. It horrible and embarrassing, when I am in a fast food drive through and the same thing happens. I can’t put it back in to drive. Also happens when I try to lock and unlock the truck. Also while driving, I get this
“ No Key Detected” notice. It has been scary at times and a big problem at other times. I really dislike getting cars with new technologies, because of silly things like this. That’s why I waited to get my Gen 2, for 3 years. I thought by then, all the kinks would be figured out and handled through recalls and updates. I guess, nope.
I am very thankful for this thread and this forum. Second time I find a solution in this forum for my Ford problems. The first was a VTC problem. Wait till you come across that noisy and embarrassing issue.
I will definitely be taking my truck to my local dealer and instructing them what to do. CHANGE MY BATTERY.
First post? Feel free to introduce yourself in the new members section and post a pic of your truck.

Ford’s Intelligent Access system has been around for a decade, the “bugs” have been worked out. As far as the concern you’re experiencing, verify that there are no aftermarket electric/electronic devices installed or present in the truck. That is the most common cause of the vehicle not being able to see the key, RFI/EMF.

In the meantime, put the key in the backup slot to avoid the no key detected message. The backup slot is in the center console; refer to your owner’s manual. The backup slot functions the same as a traditional keyed ignition; the antenna reads the key directly at the transponder.