No help but thanks anyways.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Nimrod

You’re suffering from “a prison of only 2 ideas” where you know in your heart that whatever modifications you have currently or had while this issue was ongoing was absolutely not your fault and @FordTechOne is telling you that once you modify the suspension equation, you’re stressing the parts involved more, possibly to the extent of warranty denial.

These 2 things can exist in the same reality. He’s just telling you that the increased ride height has likely contributed to accelerated wear and we’ve seen other FRF suffer failures, not covered for exactly the same reasons. Because FMC delivered the truck, covered by warranty with a ride height of n and yours is now n + 1 or 1.25, or 1.5 or whatever. Any deviation puts the powertrain warranty for affected parts in jeopardy. Not necessarily a warranty denial, but it could be.

We mod it, we own it.

repeat repair attempts suck. We’re glad you got it fixed. Go forth and do Raptor things with your Raptor.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
@Nimrod

You’re suffering from “a prison of only 2 ideas” where you know in your heart that whatever modifications you have currently or had while this issue was ongoing was absolutely not your fault and @FordTechOne is telling you that once you modify the suspension equation, you’re stressing the parts involved more, possibly to the extent of warranty denial.

These 2 things can exist in the same reality. He’s just telling you that the increased ride height has likely contributed to accelerated wear and we’ve seen other FRF suffer failures, not covered for exactly the same reasons. Because FMC delivered the truck, covered by warranty with a ride height of n and yours is now n + 1 or 1.25, or 1.5 or whatever. Any deviation puts the powertrain warranty for affected parts in jeopardy. Not necessarily a warranty denial, but it could be.

We mod it, we own it.

repeat repair attempts suck. We’re glad you got it fixed. Go forth and do Raptor things with your Raptor.
Until he figures out that putting bigger tires on does not put the suspension angles back to stock after lifting the suspension, he's pis$ing in the wind while he says it's just raining. Or something like that.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really do want to applaud everyone involved here. OP you have taken it on the chin a few times and stayed with this thread even after going back and editing posts that you already made, FordTech One took a few shots, heck I even took a shot or two I think but man what fun. Right or mostly wrong content this was pretty fun. :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone explain it like they’re talking to a nimrod. how does larger diameter tire not raise the hub and suspension angles?

have you never changed a 40” tire on a TT and discovered the Jack won’t fit under the a-arm because its to low on a flat and it’s designed to fit under the rear end and with a flat you need a different Jack to get under the a arm but not too low or it wont lift the hub high enough for the new tire. It has to be just right.
Or you end up digging out dirt like a madman. Don’t ask me how I know.
How are the suspension angles changed by a coilover set to fox’s recommended height on their aftermarket 3.0 shocks tuned for a raptor on 37’s with internal bump stops for 37’s but not by putting the 37” tire on? Is the hub not 1” higher off the ground? Isn’t this one of the reasons for a taller tire, besides more sidewall flex and a 18” rock is smaller to a 37” tire than a 35” tire?

I mean if I drive the left front into a 2’ hole arent The suspension angles changed? I’snt that why we have built in bump stops, so we don’t destroy the CV joints?
I’m serious, help me out Besides being a fan boy with wise cracks.

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS I googled it and like 6 tire web sights warn that taller tires change suspension angles but I honestly think SOME of you are pretty dang smart about this stuff so I’m asking.

If all you do is tell people how bad they screwed up by making their truck perform better and call them an idiot they probably will tune out and not listen to you. Just fyi.

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@New recaros
You live in Boulder don‘t you?

I crew for the desert assassins trophy truck team. I have since 2007 and had a Alumi-craft prerunner that I prepped. I’d have to be a moron to do the work myself if I could get it done for free but your post spoke volumes about how judge mental you are. Would it help if I told you I was transgender?

PS. It wasn’t the seal. you should go reread all 10 pages so you don’t look ignorant in your haste to belittle Me.

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think you ruined your truck with your shocks, honestly I would modify further if I were you, but that’s me.

As to the angle explanation.

Imagine driving onto a 2x4 did the angles change?

Yes the hub is higher, but so is the differential. Therefore the angle would be the same.