No help but thanks anyways.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In CA it does but I’d rather not do that. It’s my last resort. I bought it new and it had problems by 10k miles. It’s a known issue.

I‘m 90% keeping and will probably extend my 6 year warranty to 8 years this summer.
The only known issue is the dealer not fixing it properly. Your best bet is probably to try a different dealer.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did that, drove 25 minutes further for the top rated service in the OC. I’m gonna stick with my baby but she’s struggling.

Maybe it’s not an issue in your shop but everything ford makes with ifs has the issue. F-150’s, raptors, broncos, rangers. Do a little search. There’s tons of YouTube videos about fixing it yourself because it does happen. It happens enough that there’s multiple videos about it.
Umm no. Ford, like any manufacturer that uses IFS, has bearings, bushings, and seals. There is nothing unique.
My 2017 has 58,000 miles. Oil pan has been fixed but the stub axle seal has now been fixed 3 times and it’s still leaking. I love this truck but it’s spent 35 days in the shop and going in for its 4th front diff seal fix.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I just looked at your post history, you have a front end lift with 37’s. Why do you think it’s the manufacturer’s responsibility to repair issues caused by your modifications? And then you have the audacity to mention “lemon law”? As if you deserve a refund for problems caused by you?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because it’s a known issue that people with virtually no off-road miles have. Since ford keeps repairing it under warranty I’d imaging they see it the same way. Are you not getting that I’m simply looking for advice and don’t need you to belittle me. I mean if it wasn’t for ford techs that truck would already be in a junk yard so thanks for that
That’s the problem here. It’s not a “known issue” to have an axle shaft seal fail 4 times, period.

Ford is not repairing your truck under warranty, the dealer is “repairing” it and submitting the bill the corporate without them knowing about your modifications. The Warranty & Policy Manual clearly states what is warrantable and what is not; your dealer is committing warranty fraud and you’re complacent.

The advice you need is to either pay out of pocket for an aftermarket solution or return the truck the stock and pay to have the axle seal replaced. It’s not that complicated. But the fact that you think you’re entitled to a “buy back” is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly @FordTechOne, I don’t know what you’re so wrapped up about. It’s not like OP is cheating or defrauding Ford Motor company by having a dealer submit a knowingly false claim against the factory warranty or anything serious like that. And after all, it’s not like everyone doesn’t do it, AMIRITE?

I mean, everyone with a 2017-2020 Rap is rolling 37’s with front level, bruh so of course Ford be covering under warranty!

Plus, it’s not like Ford gets scammed for millions by greedy, unethical service departments who submit knowingly invalid warranty claims or anything. Literally, there is no way that’s contributing to the increased cost of Raptors, no how.

200.gif

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem started under 10k miles and bone stock but it’s cute how you guys defend Ford so fervently and seem to have poor reading comprehension skills. There’s no way ford could ever engineer something stupidly.
the King has no clothes and you guys are on the sideline cheering him on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free