No crank, no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUdude94

Reaction score
Soooo I happened to get myself high centered (don’t ask ) and we tried to pull myself out and the truck wouldn’t budge at all. We started digging underneath and one of my buds accidentally pulled two wires (green wire and white wire with stripe I believe) from a sensor (f903a) and now the whole truck would not start and the dash wouldn’t give me any odometer/temp/gas mph info except the fuel level. The truck wouldn’t crank at all after the wires were pulled and touched the frame and sparked.

OP
OP
OUdude94

OUdude94

Reaction score
What sensor? Where is it located? Is it on The Transmission? Exhaust? Frame Rail? ??? Little more info please. Did you attempt to reconnect the wires?
This came from the inside of the Frame rail approximately below the driver seat. (Actually this is a replacement cause I kinda broke the old one ‍♂️) checked the fuses and they’re all ok but still not getting a crank at all. Before anyone asks I did disconnect the battery for awhile and my odometer is working fine again but the dash is now saying there is a Starting System Fault.

View attachment 135187

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is a part for the evap canister for the fuel tank. There is a fuse for the canister and if that fuse blows your truck will not run. Had the same thing happen with a 2010 f150. I ripped the wires off and the truck ran fine until the wires touched the frame while driving down the highway. The truck immediately died and it was a fuse. Just not sure which one it was. I would check every fuse related to the emmisions. I do remember it was a mini fuse.