No Communication with ABS Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Raptor is at the dealer for service after it starting throwing all sorts of codes.

P0557 Brake Booster Pressure Sensor Circuit Low
P1935 Brake Switch/Sensor Signal
U0121 Lost Communication with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module
U1012 Invalid Internal Control Module Monitoring Data Received from Anti-Lock...

The shop foreman said their is no communication going to the abs sensors but they say all the sensors are good. They are going to open up hotline request with Ford to get some engineers involved to try and troubleshoot it.

All the error codes came up one morning on my way to work but I have been taking the truck off road every weekend for about 4 weeks before this happened.

If anyone has experienced something similar and can provide any help it would be appreciated.

teamster

Reaction score
I had similar issues and it turned out to be two root causes: the steering column control module, and the OBDII connector plus pigtail. Both had to be completely replaced.

OP
OP
Raptus

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a great electrical technician at Larry H. Miller Super Ford in Utah that figured out the problem. It was a poor ground. I installed an UpDownAir system and I used the two ground bolts to attach the regulator bracket to the frame. Where I made the mistake was I sandwiched the ground strap between the bracket and the frame and I should have sandwiched the bracket between the ground strap and the frame so the bolt makes good contact with the ground strap and then screws into the frame. Another life lesson learned!

Attachments

• Up Down Air.jpg
    Up Down Air.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 17

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a great electrical technician at Larry H. Miller Super Ford in Utah that figured out the problem. It was a poor ground. I installed an UpDownAir system and I used the two ground bolts to attach the regulator bracket to the frame. Where I made the mistake was I sandwiched the ground strap between the bracket and the frame and I should have sandwiched the bracket between the ground strap and the frame so the bolt makes good contact with the ground strap and then screws into the frame. Another life lesson learned!
Glad it’s fixed! Did they charge you for the diagnostic time?

pil

Reaction score

Who was the tech you used? I’m having electrical issues and brought it to LHM Draper and they just made it worse after 25 days and accomplished nothing besides breaking a ton of plastics. ‍♂️

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the same "lost Communication" on several systems a couple years ago on a Gen 1. Ford wanted to replace BCM and through a bunch of parts at it.
These trucks do not react well when any kind of electrical interference enters the Can-Bus wiring.
Start by checking the harness for abrasions. Locate all the body grounds and remove, sand off paint, add die-electric grease and preinstall. There is a main ground under passenger side running board that has issues..Then in engine bat there are at least 4-5 more grounds. Check them all...